Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Koishi

Koishi

1 hour ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

Do you have a github repo for these?

Indeed I do!~  I mentioned it above but i suppose if it's against rules to link directly I can edit/remove this post later.  Am considering making this my magnum opus before leaving the industry behind depending how things go.  Discord server link inside is ideal for getting updates and it's how I can be reached.  It's here: https://github.com/redhatdragon/YearsOfShadow

At least as the project continues to grow it'll prove that maintainability is actually not much an issue.  There's a lot of very unconventional design decisions going on and odd goals being reached.  There should be a design doc in here to detail all that.  Yes the doc complains about some things with this game in contrast as it's meant to be a similar genre mix, and maybe I was harsh with it.  But maybe I can rectify that and still make this something to lead by example rather than be purely an act of frustration.  I welcome all walks of life.  The project may be a data oriented C++ sort of approach but I do have very skilled C# programmers in there whom share perspectives with.  It's starting to become a home for bridge building and sharing ideas.  And really that alone brought joy to my heart.  Gamers would be very surprised the amount of in fighting that goes on just on the software side of things not counting the contrast of designer vs engineer and so on that can easily crop up.

Koishi

Koishi

Indeed I do!~  I mentioned it above but i suppose if it's against rules to link directly I can edit/remove this post later.  Am considering making this my magnum opus before leaving the industry behind depending how things go.  Discord server link inside is ideal for getting updates and it's how I can be reached.  It's here: https://github.com/redhatdragon/YearsOfShadow

At least as the project continues to grow it'll prove that maintainability is actually not much an issue.  There's a lot of very unconventional design decisions going on and odd goals being reached.  There should be a design doc in here to detail all that.  Yes the doc complains about some things with this game in contrast as it's meant to be a similar genre mix, and maybe I was harsh with it.  But maybe I can rectify that and still make this something to lead by example rather than be purely an act of frustration.

Koishi

Koishi