Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

1 hour ago, HYper said:

thanks for compatibility.  however, (on existing game), i used creative mode to add "cooking oven" and the "mini cooler storage" but cooking station indicates i dont have food/drink items to craft even though i have all the correct amounts to make various foods, drinks. 

Oh please do not tell me I have added compatibility with a different "Craft from containers" mod... 😅

Lets see, I have made changes and tested for compatibility with:

- "Beyond Storage 1.0" by unv_Annihilator

- Craft from Containers 1.0 by aedenthorn

And those 2 work perfect.

That because these 2 seem to have all the functions (including repair and upgrade) and have the source code openly available and I need to look in their source code in C sharp to see how they handle containers to make my mod compatible with their mod (and I do not feel comfortable decompiling somebody else mod to look in the code). 

In your link it says it is made by aedenthorn, so I guessed it was the same mod? Like I said, I needed the source code if available, so I used the link provided in the Nexus mods page.

But it seems there is a different "Craft from Containers" mod, with the same mod name, but not all the functions (no repair, no upgrade) by a different creator (SYNON1M), but that one does not have source code available for me to look into (there is a link but it links to a youtube video showing a guy named Rick Astley that I guess is some kind very old famous singer, hilarious). 

Is that the one you are using? I have tested this one now and for some reason it does not work, which means it handles the containers different I guess? But not sure how and why it does not find custom containers, I would have to investigate it.

If that is the one your are using, is there any reason you do not use one of the other 2 😅? They seem to be far superior, are recently updated, and include repair and upgrade (no offense intended to the creator of the other one, all my respect to them, just an opinion).

Anyway, if the version by "synon1m" is the one your are using and you want to keep using that one I would have to get the source code, and then investigate why it is not working in the same way the other 2 work, to be able to eventually add compatibility, because just with my testing in game I cannot see any clear reason why it should not work unless they are looking for "containers" in a very weird way 🤔.

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

1 hour ago, HYper said:

thanks for compatibility.  however, (on existing game), i used creative mode to add "cooking oven" and the "mini cooler storage" but cooking station indicates i dont have food/drink items to craft even though i have all the correct amounts to make various foods, drinks. 

Oh please do not tell me I have added compatibility with a different "Craft from containers" mod... 😅

And those 2 work perfect.

That because these 2 seem to have all the functions (including repair and upgrade) and have the source code openly available and I need to look in their source code in C sharp to see how they handle containers to make my mod compatible with their mod (and I do not feel comfortable decompiling somebody else mod to look in the code). 

In your link it says it is made by aedenthorn, so I guessed it was the same mod? Like I said, I needed the source code if available, so I used the link provided in the Nexus mods page.

But it seems there is a different "Craft from Containers" mod, with the same mod name, but not all the functions (no repair, no upgrade) by a different creator (SYNON1M), but that one does not have source code available for me to look into (there is a link but it links to a youtube video showing a guy named Rick Astley that I guess is some kind very old famous singer, hilarious). 

Is that the one you are using? I have tested this one now and for some reason it does not work, which means it handles the containers different I guess? But not sure how and why it does not find custom containers, I would have to investigate it.

If that is the one your are using, is there any reason you do not use one of the other 2 😅? They seem to be far superior, are recently updated, and include repair and upgrade (no offense intended to the creator of the other one, all my respect to them, just an opinion).

Anyway, if the version by "synon1m) is the one your are using and you want to keep using that one I would have to get the source code, and then investigate why it is not working in the same way the other 2 work, to be able to eventually add compatibility, because just with my testing in game I cannot see any clear reason why it should not work unless they are looking for "containers" in a very weird way 🤔.

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

53 minutes ago, HYper said:

Anyway, if the version by "synon1m) is the one your are using and you want to keep using that one I would have to get the source code, and then investigate why it is not working in the same way the other 2 work, to be able to eventually add compatibility, because just with my testing in game I cannot see any clear reason why it should not work unless they are looking for "containers" in a very weird way 🤔.