Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

7 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Hi Sonja!

The craftable lights (powered table lamp, exit sign, etc) remained locked despite having the appropriate magazine series maxed out. Anything we're doing wrong?

Hi!

Almost always that can happen if you have another mod installed that deletes the crafting skill tree in the progression.xml to add its own.

If such a mod loads AFTER mine or other mods it will remove any additions or edits that my mod or other mod does. This happens when xpath commands such as "remove" are used to "nuke" the vanilla code, and it is usually a very bad way to code things, because in almost every case there is a better and less destructive way to achieve the same result. 

In any case it is usually easy fixed by forcing the offending mod to load BEFORE mine (the game loads mods in alphabetical order). That way it can delete and do their thing in the progression file, and then my mod can add it's stuff on top of it in a non-destructive way. If you know what mod is causing the problem simply rename the mod folder to something like "1_ModName", meaning add a "1_" before mod name, without quotations. That will make that mod load first, and it should solve the problem. 

If you do not know what mod is causing the issue you can instead rename my mod folder so it loads last, for example "z_LittleRedSonja_FancyHomeDeco". That will force my mod to load after other mods, so everything will work fine. If you are using any ADD-ON for the mod make sure to rename those in the same way (add z_ before mod name), so the ADD-ONS loads after the main mod. 

This is a good solution to address mod conflicts, not only in this case, but in general. There is no guarantee it will work in every case, but it is usually a good solution. 

In any case, if you cannot figure out what mod is causing trouble but would want to know give me a list of your mods or simply a screenshot of your mods folder where I can see the names, and I will take a look. This might be a good idea, since that conflicting mod might cause troubles not only with my mod but with others, so identifying it might help you to solve or avoid other problems in the future. 

Anyway let me know if you need any more help to solve this 🥰, I am always happy to help (or try at least 😅).

I hope you enjoy the mod, and let me know if you find issues or have suggestions! 💜

5 hours ago, MBF said:

Can you help? this is a great mod! thanks!

spacer.png

Hi! Thank you, I am happy that you like the mod. It looks like the same kind of mod conflict that I describe above. It is usually an easy fix, simply follow the instructions I gave to Old Crow, and let me know if you need further assistance 🥰.

In any case I am thinking expanding the "no power add-on" to remove the crafting skill requirement, as optional. Not because of mod conflicts but because sometimes you only want a nice cozy decoration and do not want to deal with power requirements, or skill levels. Let me know what you think in the comments, in any case like I said it would be an optional add-on.

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

6 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Hi Sonja!

The craftable lights (powered table lamp, exit sign, etc) remained locked despite having the appropriate magazine series maxed out. Anything we're doing wrong?

Hi!

Almost always that can happen if you have another mod installed that deletes the crafting skill tree in the progression.xml to add its own.

If such a mod loads AFTER mine or other mods it will remove any additions or edits that my mod or other mod does. This happens when xpath commands such as "remove" are used to "nuke" the vanilla code, and it is usually a very bad way to code things, because in almost every case there is a better and less destructive way to achieve the same result. 

In any case it is usually easy fixed by forcing the offending mod to load BEFORE mine (the game loads mods in alphabetical order). That way it can delete and do their thing in the progression file, and then my mod can add it's stuff on top of it in a non-destructive way. If you know what mod is causing the problem simply rename the mod folder to something like "1_ModName", meaning add a "1_" before mod name, without quotations. That will make that mod load first, and it should solve the problem. 

If you do not know what mod is causing the issue you can instead rename my mod folder so it loads last, for example "z_LittleRedSonja_FancyHomeDeco". That will force my mod to load after other mods, so everything will work fine. If you are using any ADD-ON for the mod make sure to rename those in the same way (add z_ before mod name), so the ADD-ONS loads after the main mod. 

This is a good solution to address mod conflicts, not only in this case, but in general. There is no guarantee it will work in every case, but it is usually a good solution. 

In any case, if you cannot figure out what mod is causing trouble but would want to know give me a list of your mods or simply a screenshot of your mods folder where I can see the names, and I will take a look. This might be a good idea, since that conflicting mod might cause troubles not only with my mod but with others, so identifying it might help you to solve or avoid other problems in the future. 

Anyway let me know if you need any more help to solve this 🥰, I am always happy to help (or try at least 😅).

I hope you enjoy the mod, and let me know if you find issues or have suggestions! 💜

5 hours ago, MBF said:

Can you help? this is a great mod! thanks!

spacer.png

Hi! Thank you, I am happy that you like the mod. It looks like the same kind of mod conflict that I have answered in the previous post. It is usually an easy fix, simply follow the instructions I give in the previous post, and let me know if you need further assistance 🥰.

In any case I am thinking expanding the "no power add-on" to remove the crafting skill requirement, as optional. Not because of mod conflicts but because sometimes you only want a nice cozy decoration and do not want to deal with power requirements, or skill levels. Let me know what you think in the comments, in any case like I said it would be an optional add-on.