Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Hells_Janitor

Hells_Janitor

Accidentally hit enter before finishing the post.

31 minutes ago, Psychotic.EGG said:

so I keep dying from dehydration. I get it's RNG but I NEVER get a cooking pot or books to make a forge. am I missing something or is surviving this just RNG? I've gotten up to the 8th floor surviving on the drinks and soups I find. but can never make my own water.

ok. The loot bags that all the zombies drop contain specific crafting magazines. You may have noticed, that early on, a lot of these bags are empty. That's because the probability for these loot bags to have a magazine in them works the same way as it does in the vanilla game with bookcases/shelves/magazine piles.

So, an example. If you spend perk points in lock picking and/or advanced engineering, the probability for a Utility Worker to have a Forge Ahead magazine in a dropped loot bag increases, as well as the probability for a bookshelf/book pile to contain one of these books too.

All the zombies in the tower have crafting magazines associated with them, and trust me when I tell you that it is perfectly possible to be able to craft a forge before the end of the FIRST DAY, provided you spend your points in the right perks.

Once you have a forge, you don't need to rely on RNG for a cooking pot, as you'll be able to craft one.

This is just one example - the principle applies to every magazine.

There are cash registers and safes throughout the tower too. These are a good source of Dukes, as are the many businessmen zombies. Old cash that you find in cash registers, safes, and drops from the party girl zombie, can be converted to Dukes in your inventory, and then the Dukes can be spent at vending machines, if you're really desperate for water - and there are at least one food and one drink vending machine in the tower, both on the ground floor, near the stairwell.

Also, there is a guaranteed cooking pot on top of the refrigerator in the loot room.

If anything, it's actually easier to manage water in this challenge in v1.0, as the dew collector no longer requires a filter to craft, so you can make as many dew collectors as you like, and water will never be an issue once you get that cooking pot.

I won't deny that RNG plays a factor, but you can skew RNG in your favour by the correct use of perk points.

25 minutes ago, Psychotic.EGG said:

so I keep dying from dehydration. I get it's RNG but I NEVER get a cooking pot or books to make a forge. am I missing something or is surviving this just RNG? I've gotten up to the 8th floor surviving on the drinks and soups I find. but can never make my own water.

ok. The loot bags that all the zombies drop contain specific crafting books. You may have noticed, that early on, a lot of these bags are empty. That's because the probability for these loot bags to have a magazine in them works the same way as it does in the vanilla game with bookcases/shelves/magazine piles.

So, an example. If you spend perk points in lock picking and/or advanced engineering, the probability for a Utility Worker to have a Forge Ahead magazine in a dropped loot bag increases, as well as the probability for a bookshelf/book pile to contain one of these books too.

All the zombies in the tower have crafting magazines associated with them, and trust me when I tell you that it is perfectly possible to be able to craft a forge before the end of the