Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Khyron

Khyron

18 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

But most light armor isn't good 

Padded armor is absolutely fantastic because it gives you some resist early game when you need it the most and because it gives you zero penalties to stamina or movement or noise. Leather armor in my opinion is awful because while it does Grant small amount of armor more than padded, it also lowers your stamina regen it makes more noise and it reduces your speed. I don't feel like it grants enough additional armor for that trade-off to be worth it. Typically if I'm going light armor I stick with padded and boost it with whatever banded armor plating I can find until I can get a good set of military gear. With heavy armor it's all worthwhile because you're making that trade off of armor for mobility and Noise right from the get-go and the upgrade amounts are significant enough that you always want to have the strongest available

Personally I really hope that the new armors and outfits and everything else being added in the next update will be a lot more interesting and give me reasons to want to do anything other than padded armor 80% of the time

Khyron

Khyron

16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

But most light armor isn't good 

Padded armor is absolutely fantastic because it gives you some resist early game when you need it the most and because it gives you zero penalties to stamina or movement or noise. Leather armor in my opinion is awful because while it does Grant small amount of armor more than padded, it also lowers your stamina regen it makes more noise and it reduces your speed. I don't feel like it grants enough additional armor for that trade-off to be worth it. Typically if I'm going light armor I stick with padded and boost it with whatever banded armor plating I can find until I can get a good set of military gear. With heavy armor it's all worthwhile because you're making that trade off of armor for mobility and Noise right from the get-go and the upgrade amounts are significant enough that you always want to have the strongest available