Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FinkPloyd

FinkPloyd

clarity

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

* TFP is definitely in Unity's pro or enterprise support, so they will pay much less than the 20 cent per installation. 

The pricing for pro and enterprise is based on installs per month, Enterprise is between US$0.125 for under 100K to US$0.01 for > 1 mill (Pro is more expensive).

Depending on how the 'installs per month' is estimated by Unity it could cost TFP an extra US$10k per release.

That might have an affect on new releases / updates.

As a dev I would be very annoyed that a 3rd party vendor I had committed to was changing the billing so dramatically years into the SDLC, without any way to avoid the increase and without accurate accounting of the new billing charges.

FinkPloyd

FinkPloyd

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

* TFP is definitely in Unity's pro or enterprise support, so they will pay much less than the 20 cent per installation. 

The pricing for pro and enterprise is based on installs per month, between US$0.125 for under 100K to US$0.01 for > 1 mill.

Depending on how the 'installs per month' is estimated by Unity it could cost TFP an extra US$10k per release.

That might have an affect on new releases / updates.

As a dev I would be very annoyed that a 3rd party vendor I had committed to was changing the billing so dramatically years into the SDLC, without any way to avoid the increase and without accurate accounting of the new billing charges.