Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Uncle Al

Uncle Al

1 hour ago, OneManStanding said:

I can see a point there, but brass is hardly in short supply either. Even if we run out of cars in our town and the nearby cities, we've still got Dukes we can melt down from selling stuff - we can make high-level gear from the bits and pieces we get after a horde night and sell them. All things being equal we can make twice as much regular ammo or half as much High Power. If I can put it this way, each 7.62 bullet does represents 47 damage; you can fire two bullets for a grand total of 94 damage, or use that second bullet tip to make one High Power which does only does 55 damage by itself and loose 39 potential damage of the second bullet.

If it's lead that's limiting your ammo crafting, then Hi Power is almost certainly a bad call.

Looked on as total resources to make a 7.62 bullet, Standard comes in at 16 and Hi Power at 19.

Lead 2 4
Clay 2 3
Brass 6 6
Coal 3 3
Nitrate 3

So you don't make twice as much regular ammo as Hi Power, it's more like 20% more. If, and it's a huge if, gathering all five resources is about equal work for you/your team.

5% extra damage could be significant, notably because of the increased decapitation chance. There's a check of damage against target health in addition to the flat percentage chance from perk stats, so you'll see more one hit kills from Hi Power even if the extra 5% damage doesn't generally affect the number of hits required to kill from aggregate damage.

Again, I don't craft much Hi Power at all, but I favour perception builds that love AP ammo and have brass to spare. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying Hi Power is clearly underpowered currently, although I suspect it might be.

The biggest factor for me in not using HP is it won't stack with regular ammo, and I seem to pretty much only find regular ammo as loot. If, at high loot stage, a significant portion of looted ammo was HP I'd probably start using it more often.

Uncle Al

Uncle Al

54 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

I can see a point there, but brass is hardly in short supply either. Even if we run out of cars in our town and the nearby cities, we've still got Dukes we can melt down from selling stuff - we can make high-level gear from the bits and pieces we get after a horde night and sell them. All things being equal we can make twice as much regular ammo or half as much High Power. If I can put it this way, each 7.62 bullet does represents 47 damage; you can fire two bullets for a grand total of 94 damage, or use that second bullet tip to make one High Power which does only does 55 damage by itself and loose 39 potential damage of the second bullet.

If it's lead that's limiting your ammo, then Hi Power is almost certainly a bad call.

Looked on as total resources to make a 7.62 bullet, Standard comes in at 16 and Hi Power at 19.

Lead 2 4
Clay 2 3
Brass 6 6
Coal 3 3
Nitrate 3

So you don't make twice as much regular ammo as Hi Power, it's more like 20% more. If, and it's a huge if, gathering all five resources is about equal work for you/your team.

5% extra damage could be significant, notably because of the increased decapitation chance (there's a check of damage against target health in addition to the flat percentage chance from perk stats, so you'll see more one hit kills from Hi Power even if the extra 5% damage doesn't generally affect the number of hits required to kill from aggregate damage).

Again, I don't craft much Hi Power at all, but I favour perception builds that love AP ammo and have brass to spare. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying Hi Power is underpowered currently, although I suspect it might be.

The biggest factor for me in not using HP is it won't stack with regular ammo, and I seem to pretty much only find regular ammo as loot. If, at high loot stage, a significant portion of looted ammo was HP I'd probably start using it more often.