Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Melange

Melange

1 hour ago, warmer said:

The hardest part of this game has always been time management. How you spend your time is the most difficult choice when you play solo

I agree here. I also play mostly solo, and find that no matter my best intentions, there's always some item or resource that I find myself lacking (or simply have too much of). Okay, fall back and harvest/craft and then go out looting or questing again. Oh, and check the clothing/armor/melee/guns/tools/parts/etc storage crates before you go out because they are starting to overflow....sell or scrap or craft more crates for the excess. Then rearrange the storage so my hoarded items are in 'logical' order. By no means a complaint, it just takes time. It takes time away from glorious looting, the lost time of questing to gain (hopefully) good rewards and just the plain fun of exploring.  New POI? Yes! Dastardly hidden zombies? Assured. But I do feel TFP has tried to make the experience engaging and wants us to stay with a play through, rather than just restart and see what RNG throws on the table this time around.

That said, I must admit that I'm still on A20 in the Undead Legacy mod. Because well, I haven't quite embraced the non-jar dew collector concept, and I have way too many hours invested in this session. 

However, your point still stands. Time and inventory management is an integral part of the game. And the sooner a player grasps the concept, the smoother (portions of) the game becomes.

Melange

Melange

9 minutes ago, warmer said:

The hardest part of this game has always been time management. How you spend your time is the most difficult choice when you play solo

I agree here. I also play mostly solo, and find that no matter my best intentions, there's always some item or resource that I find myself lacking (or simply have too much of). Okay, fall back and harvest/craft and then go out looting or questing again. Oh, and check the clothing/armor/melee/guns/tools/parts/etc storage crates before you go out because they are starting to overflow....sell or scrap or craft more crates for the excess. Then rearrange the storage so my hoarded items are in 'logical' order. By no means a complaint, it just takes time. It takes time away from glorious looting, the lost time of questing to gain (hopefully) good rewards and just the plain fun of exploring.  New POI? Yes! Dastardly hidden zombies? Assured. But I do feel TFP has tried to make the experience engaging and wants us to stay with a play through, rather than just restart and see what RNG throws on the table this time around.

That said, I must admit that I'm still on A20 in the Undead Legacy mod. Because well, I haven't quite embrased the non-jar dew collector concept, and I have way too many hours invested in this session. 

However, your point still stands. Time management is an integral part of the game. And the sooner a player grasps the concept, the smoother (portions of) the game becomes.