Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
keesio

keesio

Hello folks,

I'm relatively new to this game and just started about a week ago. I'm having a blast but man I find this game hard! I'm just on the difficult level and I'm always hungry and find the enemies starting to get pretty challenging. I'm relatively new to this level of survival builder type games as the only other games even remotely related that I played were games like Subnautica and Fallout 4 (on Survival setting). 

I tried playing blind solo but after getting smoked on my first horde night I started to look for tips. but it seems like many of the common tips are no longer applicable and A21 is quite the ramp up in difficulty. For example, even after day 9 I am struggling with hunger. I read somewhere that bacon and eggs is a early food life saver. But 9 days in and I still don't have the skills to make it. I think I need to find more food magazines. The best I can do is grilled corn and charred meat. I think I need to be more aggressive in searching houses for food. I'm also likely getting too freaked out over hiding during nightfall. I think maybe I've been too conditioned by Darkwood lol. 

I'm still using level 1 spear and bow as my primary weapons. I do have a pipe rifle and pipe shotgun but lack ammo so I only use it for extreme emergencies. I find the spear really good with its reach but the enemies seem to be ramping up in difficulty and I need to get better gear. I've done three trader quests so far and got some dukes and item rewards but not enough to make a big difference. I read that for A21 I need to go all out in finding magazines and I've been looking for them in mailboxes, etc but again maybe I just move too slow. My playstyle is very slow and deliberate in all my games. I also have not found a workbench and lack the skills to make one. I at least have a forge. Maybe I should investigate crafting more metal.

And the map is huge! I spend tons of time running around. And trying to scrap things and not be over encumbered all the time is tough too. I waste a lot of time trying to carry all this stuff back all the time. How do you all manage all that stuff?

Anyway, it is a great game. I have not been challenged like this in a survival type game since Darkwood. And in that game I didn;t have to worry about food all the time. 

keesio

keesio

Hello folks,

I'm relatively new to this game and just started about a week ago. I'm having a blast but man I find this game hard! I'm just on the difficult level and I'm always hungry and find the enemies starting to get pretty challenging. I'm relatively new to this level of survival builder type games as the only other games even remotely related that I played were games like Subnautica and Fallout 4 (on Survival setting). 

I tried playing blind solo but after getting smoked on my first horde night I started to look for tips. but it seems like many of the common tips are no longer applicable and A21 is quite the ramp up in difficulty. For example, even after day 9 I am struggling with hunger. I read somewhere that bacon and eggs is a early food life saver. But 9 days in and I still don't have the skills to make it. I think I need to find more food magazines. The best I can do is grilled corn and charred meat. I think I need to be more aggressive in searching houses for food. I'm also likely getting too freaked out over hiding during nightfall. I think maybe I've been too conditioned by Darkwood lol. 

I'm still using level 1 spear and bow as my primary weapons. I do have a pipe rifle and pipe shotgun but lack ammo so I only use it for extreme emergencies. I find the spear really good with its reach but the enemies seem to be ramping up in difficulty and I need to get better gear. I've done three trader quests so far and got some dukes and item rewards but not enough to make a big difference. I read that for A21 I need to go all out in finding magazines and I've been looking for them in mailboxes, etc but again maybe I just move too slow. My playstyle is very slow and deliberate in all my games. I also have not found a workbench and lack the skills to make one. I at least have a forge. Maybe I should investigate crafting more metal.

And the map is huge! I spend tons of time running around. And trying to scrap things and not be over encumbered all the time is tough too. How do you all manage all that stuff?

Anyway, it is a great game. I have not been challenged like this in a survival type game since Darkwood. And in that game I didn;t have to worry about food all the time.