Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
fma_wrath_2069

fma_wrath_2069

Found the issue. Posted what my misunderstanding was.

So I looked through the output file and noticed that the file path is :

/root/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/

instead of the .local one that you listed so maybe I misunderstood what you were meaning due to being frustrated or something.

I had to install nautilus-admin to see the /root/.local directories if anyone has a similar issue to what I have had.  For some reason I was unable to access root (it would change my ~ to / but not show me any additional hidden folders) so by installing the nautilus-admin I was able to verify the generation of the serveradmin.xml file.  I could have sworn it was a lot easier to get to this file when I played during Alpha 18 *shrug*

Once you do that you can navigate to /share/7DaystoDie/Saves to verify the serveradmin.xml file.  With nautilus-admin installed you can right click to edit the serveradmin.xml file if you are using a linux gui.

Once I realized I was missing the /root/ at the beginning of the file path I was able to sudo nano the file and am able to modify it accordingly.

Thank you for your help.  This thread can be closed.

fma_wrath_2069

fma_wrath_2069

updated to include paste bin link and more information

So I looked through the output file and noticed that the file path is :

/root/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/

instead of the .local one that you listed so maybe I misunderstood what you were meaning due to being frustrated or something.

I had to install nautilus-admin to see the /root/.local directories if anyone has a similar issue to what I have had.  For some reason I was unable to access root (it would change my ~ to / but not show me any additional hidden folders) so by installing the nautilus-admin I was able to verify the generation of the serveradmin.xml file.  I could have sworn it was a lot easier to get to this file when I played during Alpha 18 *shrug*

Once you do that you can navigate to /share/7DaystoDie/Saves to verify the serveradmin.xml file.  With nautilus-admin installed you can right click to edit the serveradmin.xml file if you are using a linux gui.

Once I realized I was missing the /root/ at the beginning of the file path I was able to sudo nano the file and am able to modify it accordingly.

Thank you for your help.  This thread can be closed.

fma_wrath_2069

fma_wrath_2069

updated to include paste bin link and more information

Yea I started the servers to make sure it was generated.  My server is not showing any .local folder hidden or not.  Always get the same response of :

"bash: cd: /usr/local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/: No such file or directory"

The only folders in my share directory are " ca-certs, fonts, man, sgml, xml "

I am going to uncomment the line for savegame and see if I will just have to make sure I always change those few lines to get it to work.

I have uncommented the lines and put in the absolute paths as well as put my old build settings in however I am getting an error about the rwgmixer.  It says there was an error finding the world entry for the current world size.  World size is set to 8192 which is specifically listed in the xml file.  The output file has not been updated for 10 mins and last entry was :

KeyNotFoundException: The given key 'forest' was not present in the dictionary.

Here is the output file:

https://pastebin.com/PrWikMyb

Any ideas?

fma_wrath_2069

fma_wrath_2069

Yea I started the servers to make sure it was generated.  My server is not showing any .local folder hidden or not.  Always get the same response of :

"bash: cd: .local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/: No such file or directory"

I am going to uncomment the line for savegame and see if I will just have to make sure I always change those few lines to get it to work.