Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Cr0wst0rm

Cr0wst0rm

17 hours ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Ok this for some reason has become to go to argument and reason for folks here and folks with certain privileges. 

This can't be the only solution if people want to craft things. Yet again another play through not even at day 12 yet and already full steel tools, tact rifle and going to sell a quality 4 auger that was given as a quest reward.  

Slow down questing, slow down resource gathering, ignore traders. Basically the feed back from people is ignore game content, stop playing like a normal player would. What normal player doesn't do more than 1 quest per day until they reach tier 4 or 5s which can easily take 30+ minutes to do and by that time the rewards outpace anything you can craft not to mention the loot you can find. 

So far each alpha has put more emphasis into the traders and their quests. While the whole nerf to secret stash helped out some it seems that instead it was moved into quests and negates the entire progression system of the magazines. 

There has to be a better solution than being told play 40 minutes and ignore most of the game content otherwise you make crafting gear, weapons and tools pointless. If this is told to new players they would look at this as ridiculous especially for a game that's been in EA for about 10 years.

I am actually so @%$#ed of by the new books, I think previously the system worked OK, you could choose what you need based on X spending points. Now you need to find X random books, and have for every little thing this book and that magazine

1) it pollutes inventory when you find some already read books
2) non relevant books lower the chance of finding that very exact book you want

I completely gave up at this point. I created 20 workbenches, because I don't want spend time looking for that exact skill (whether it is book or a simple skill point thing) and farm from screamer hordes as a result of me being ignorant.

So in the end dont care, I ignore all the game content and yet at the same time I am @%$#ed off by certain design decisions. But what you're going to do, right?

Cr0wst0rm

Cr0wst0rm

17 hours ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Ok this for some reason has become to go to argument and reason for folks here and folks with certain privileges. 

This can't be the only solution if people want to craft things. Yet again another play through not even at day 12 yet and already full steel tools, tact rifle and going to sell a quality 4 auger that was given as a quest reward.  

Slow down questing, slow down resource gathering, ignore traders. Basically the feed back from people is ignore game content, stop playing like a normal player would. What normal player doesn't do more than 1 quest per day until they reach tier 4 or 5s which can easily take 30+ minutes to do and by that time the rewards outpace anything you can craft not to mention the loot you can find. 

So far each alpha has put more emphasis into the traders and their quests. While the whole nerf to secret stash helped out some it seems that instead it was moved into quests and negates the entire progression system of the magazines. 

There has to be a better solution than being told play 40 minutes and ignore most of the game content otherwise you make crafting gear, weapons and tools pointless. If this is told to new players they would look at this as ridiculous especially for a game that's been in EA for about 10 years.

I am actually so @%$#ed of by the new books, I think previously the system worked OK, you could choose what you need based on X spending points. Now you need to find X random books, and have for every little thing this book and that books

1) it pollutes inventory when you find some already read books
2) non relevant books lower the chance of finding that very exact book you want

I completely gave up at this point. I created 20 workbenches, because I don't want spend time looking for that exact skill (whether it is book or a simple skill point thing) and farm from screamer hordes as a result of me being ignorant.

So in the end dont care, I ignore all the game content and yet at the same time I am @%$#ed off by certain design decisions. But what you're going to do, right?