Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
EvilPolygons

EvilPolygons

I like having the POI name up in the corner, but I removed the skulls from the gui. The skulls are basically just a spoiler, and I don't like spoilers. Accidentally poking your nose into a high tier POI on day one is part of the fun, and blatantly showing the level of POIs right there in the gui ruins it.

The giant popup I removed entirely using Khaine's mod.

But yeah, it would be nice if the options menu allowed us to control how POI info is displayed without resorting to mods.

@Rotor The relevant bits are in windows.xml, starting at around line 2494 or so, under <window name = "windowLocation". The quick and dirty fix is to simply comment out all the sprite="ui_game_symbol_skull" lines. That retains the windowLocation gui which shows POI name, but prevents the tier level from displaying. Or you could do a proper xpath mod, but I'm too lazy for that.

EvilPolygons

EvilPolygons

I like having the POI name up in the corner, but I removed the skulls from the gui. The skulls are basically just a spoiler, and I don't like spoilers. Accidentally poking your nose into a high tier POI on day one is part of the fun, and blatantly showing the level of POIs right there in the gui ruins it.

The giant popup I removed entirely using Khaine's mod.

But yeah, it would be nice if the options menu allowed us to control how POI info is displayed without resorting to mods.

@Rotor The relevant bits are in windows.xml, starting at around line 2494 or so, under <window name = "windowLocation". The quick and dirty fix is to simply comment out all the sprite="ui_game_symbol_skull" lines. That keeps the windowLocation gui containing POI names, but prevents the tier level from displaying. Or you could do a proper xpath mod, but I'm too lazy for that.