Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Abusimplea

Abusimplea

34 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Yeah, if tfp could at least fix the "clip underground to see everything" and the "no claiming pois!" I might consider playing on pvp servers again. Until then: never. I know theres more pvp cheats and shenenegins, but these 2 are my personal biggest no nos with pvp. I think the admins wanted to have "whole chunk/city reset zones" but with the new chunk reset rules.... i could see this not needing to be done... but then again i can see some 8 year old troll having a bot or something just running and visiting all the chunks it can to keep the resets from happening.

I thought they fixed the clipping. But i didn't really try hard and am no PvP pro either. So maybe they missed one. Report it if it hasn't been reported yet.

And they actually did fix the "no claiming pois!" thing. It is just conservative server admins working on outdated information that still clinge to that obsolete rule. A lot of them still even use the old reset zone mods that work on a way more coarse level than the new and superior chunk reset mechanic which has been designed to fix the same problem in a more elegant way.

For the chunk reset prevention botting problem, i would actually wait for it to actually happen in teh wild as chunks are 16 x 16 horizontal squares. So there are a lot of them to touch on the typical megacity map (and let's be honest, small cities just aren't fun in A21 no matter whether there are griefers or not).

Part of the issue also is, that lots of servers are configured with insanely huge claim areas which make it really hard to just claim a single small and modest POI. So i guess, The Fun Pimps could make claim area sizes shrinkable by the claim block's owner to at least allow servers to cater to castle owners and city dwellers alike.

But ultimately, this is mostly a social problem now. The tech has been fixed but society doesn't seem to be ready for it yet...

Abusimplea

Abusimplea

24 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Yeah, if tfp could at least fix the "clip underground to see everything" and the "no claiming pois!" I might consider playing on pvp servers again. Until then: never. I know theres more pvp cheats and shenenegins, but these 2 are my personal biggest no nos with pvp. I think the admins wanted to have "whole chunk/city reset zones" but with the new chunk reset rules.... i could see this not needing to be done... but then again i can see some 8 year old troll having a bot or something just running and visiting all the chunks it can to keep the resets from happening.

I thought they fixed the clipping. But i didn't really try hard and am no PvP pro either. So maybe they missed one. Report it if it hasn't been reported yet.

And they actually did fix the "no claiming pois!" thing. It is just conservative server admins working on outdated information that still clinge to that obsolete rule. A lot of them still even use the old reset zone mods that work on a way more coarse level than the new and superior chunk reset mechanic which has been designed to fix the same problem in a more elegant way.

Part of the issue also is, that lots of servers are configured with insanely huge claim areas which make it really hard to just claim a single small and modest POI. So i guess, The Fun Pimps could make claim area sizes shrinkable by the claim block's owner to at least allow servers to cater to castle owners and city dwellers alike.

But ultimately, this is mostly a social problem now. The tech has been fixed but society doesn't seem to be ready for it yet...