Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RevenantWit

RevenantWit

5 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I'm trying to make the blade traps more expensive right now and seem to have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out. First, the modification in blocks.xml is below.

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='bladeTrap']/property[@class='RepairItems']/property[@name='resourceForgedSteel']/@value">20</set>

Not sure why this isn't working. Next is the recipe component that is not applying.

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedIron']/property[@name='count']/@value">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedSteel']/property[@name='count']/@value">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceMechanicalParts']/property[@name='count']/@value">16</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceElectricParts']/property[@name='count']/@value">12</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceOil']/property[@name='count']/@value">20</set>

Again, it looks right from what I understand about this XML stuff. C++ is my cup of tea though, so something might be wrong here. Have I missed something?

The blocks line works fine. you can always check your config dumps to make sure something applied.

The recipe lines though are not quite right. Property, name, and value are not descriptions they're for when the file actually states those.
So for recipes it would need to look like this

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedIron']/@count">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedSteel']/@count">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceMechanicalParts']/@count">16</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceElectricParts']/@count">12</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceOil']/@count">20</set>

RevenantWit

RevenantWit

1 hour ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I'm trying to make the blade traps more expensive right now and seem to have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out. First, the modification in blocks.xml is below.

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='bladeTrap']/property[@class='RepairItems']/property[@name='resourceForgedSteel']/@value">20</set>

Not sure why this isn't working. Next is the recipe component that is not applying.

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedIron']/property[@name='count']/@value">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedSteel']/property[@name='count']/@value">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceMechanicalParts']/property[@name='count']/@value">16</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceElectricParts']/property[@name='count']/@value">12</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceOil']/property[@name='count']/@value">20</set>

Again, it looks right from what I understand about this XML stuff. C++ is my cup of tea though, so something might be wrong here. Have I missed something?

The blocks line works fine. you can always check your config dumps to make sure something applied.

The recipe lines though are not quite right. Property and value are not descriptions they're for when the file actually states those.
So for recipes it would need to look like this

<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedIron']/@count">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceForgedSteel']/@count">20</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceMechanicalParts']/@count">16</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceElectricParts']/@count">12</set>
<set xpath="/recipes/recipe[@name='bladeTrap']/ingredient[@name='resourceOil']/@count">20</set>