Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
HolyDemonic

HolyDemonic

1 hour ago, Razorpony said:

I think a simple solution (in theory, not sure about coding) would be to allow for a chance to damage the item if you try to repair it without the proper knowledge. It may work or you may have a chance to lose a tier level or durability or something. Blue auto shotty is almost broken. Do you try to fix it and risk turning it into a green or orange shotty? Once you read enough and have the proper repair level this is no longer an issue. 

Or repairing weapons, tools (not vehicles) would lower the durability of said item, once durability is 0, item is broken and can not be repaired, (can still salvage) this would make crafting more lucrative. it would also help with traders offering higher tier items than you can craft, you buy it, repair it  x times and it breaks, you have to hope they offer you and better item than you can craft or crat the ones you can. (this would give more incentive to loot weapon/tool parts as well).

Eg - in my game im using knuckles. I can craft up to iron tier 3, but i got steel knuckle parts and already got steel knuckles tier4, no point in me looting more steel knuckle parts or the knuckle books anymore, with this change I would need to continue to find parts and books.

HolyDemonic

HolyDemonic

I think a simple solution (in theory, not sure about coding) would be to allow for a chance to damage the item if you try to repair it without the proper knowledge. It may work or you may have a chance to lose a tier level or durability or something. Blue auto shotty is almost broken. Do you try to fix it and risk turning it into a green or orange shotty? Once you read enough and have the proper repair level this is no longer an issue. 

Or repairing weapons, tools (not vehicles) would lower the durability of said item, once durability is 0, item is broken and can not be repaired, (can still salvage) this would make crafting more lucrative. it would also help with traders offering higher tier items than you can craft, you buy it, it repair it  x times and it breaks, you have to hope they offer you and better item than you can craft or crat the ones you can. (this would give more incentive to loot weapon/tool parts as well).

Eg - in my game im using knuckles. I can craft up to iron tier 3, but i got steel knuckle parts and already got steel knuckles tier4, no point in me looting more steel knuckle parts or the knuckle books anymore, with this change I would need to continue to find parts and books.

HolyDemonic

HolyDemonic

Or repairing weapons, tools (not vehicles) would lower the durability of said item, once durability is 0, item is broken and can not be repaired, can still salvage) this would make crafting more lucrative. it would also help with traders offering higher tier items than you can craft, you buy it, it repair it  x times and it breaks, you have to hope they offer you and better item than you can craft or crat the ones you can. (this would give more incentive to loot weapon/tool parts as well).

HolyDemonic

HolyDemonic

Or repairing weapons, tools (not vehicles) would lower the durability of said item, once durability is 0, item is broken and can not be repaired, this would make crafting more lucrative. it would also help with traders offering higher tier items than you can craft, you buy it, it repair it  x times and it breaks, you have to hope they offer you and better item than you can craft or crat the ones you can. (this would give more incentive to loot weapon/tool parts as well).

HolyDemonic

HolyDemonic

Or repairing weapons, tools (not vehicles) would lower the durability of said item, once durability is 0, item is broken and can not be repaired, this would make crafting more lucrative. it would also help with traders offering higher tier items than you can craft, you buy it, it repair it  x times and it breaks, you have to hope they offer you and better item than you can craft or crat the ones you can. (this would give more incentive to loot weapon/tool parts as well).

Eg - in my game im using knuckles. I can craft up to iron tier 3, but i got steel knuckle parts and already got steel knuckles tier4, no point in me looting more steel knuckle parts or the knuckle books anymore.

HolyDemonic

HolyDemonic

58 minutes ago, Razorpony said:

Or repairing weapons, tools (not vehicles) would lower the durability of said item, once durability is 0, item is broken and can not be repaired, this would make crafting more lucrative. it would also help with traders offering higher tier items than you can craft, you buy it, it repair it  x times and it breaks, you have to hope they offer you and better item than you can craft or crat the ones you can.