Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
CapnCookie

CapnCookie

15 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Most of the loot containers you listed are found predominantly in commercial or industrial districts that are not available at all or only to a limited extent in small towns.

A variety of crates, to include working stiff and crack-a-book, are randomly generated at the end of all POI's whether they're located in small or large towns. Mailboxes are also found distinctly in residential areas. Broken workstations can be found in garages or basements of residential POI's. Traders can also now be located anywhere on the map. 

Small towns offer slim resources in all areas of loot, not just specifically workstation magazines. That's why finding larger areas towns/cities generally yield better loot. Greater quantities of loot containers = greater chances of finding specific items. And with that, I even said that the list above is incomplete. 

Don't get me wrong, I have strongly advocated for a research system to coincide the magazine system so that players have some agency instead of relying on pure RNG (even if weighted by skill point allocation). I wouldn't say that any one magazine isn't contained within a proportional amount of containers compared to the others, though. That's false. 

CapnCookie

CapnCookie

1 minute ago, RipClaw said:

Most of the loot containers you listed are found predominantly in commercial or industrial districts that are not available at all or only to a limited extent in small towns.

A variety of crates, to include working stiff and crack-a-book, are randomly generated at the end of all POI's whether they're located in small or large towns. Mailboxes are also found distinctly in residential areas. Broken workstations can be found in garages or basements of residential POI's. Traders can also now be located anywhere on the map. 

Small towns offer slim resources in all areas of loot, not just specifically workstation magazines. That's why finding larger areas towns/cities generally yield better loot. Greater quantities of loot containers = greater chances of finding specific items. And with that, I even said that the list above is incomplete. 

Don't get me wrong, I have strongly advocated for a research system to coincide the magazine system so that players have some agency instead of relying on pure RNG (even if weighted by skill point allocation). I wouldn't say that any one magazine isn't contained within a proportional amount containers compared to the others, though. That's false.