Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor

adding comment about vehicle damage system.

I haven't even bothered with the Dew system because of the requirement of a water filter, and it's production is so slow, that it's function becomes rather either pointless due to the murky water you find or you hit a critical mass of a Dew farm to make it where you no longer need to find said water, which is I guess fine in SP, but in MP, it's more of a "in case of everyone somehow didn't find a single bottle of murky water" emergency tap. It's a poor attempt into trying to make a system 'harder' when it doesn't make it harder, but rather tedious. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" is usually the antithesis of innovation, but in this case, I don't really care for trying to 'complicate' a starter survival system that, generally, every survival game out there has left in beginner status for good reason. 

As for the vehicle damage system, I'm not for it. Always have been a 'stick to the roads' fella with vehicles just due to the clunky nature of this game and the interaction with something moving can make things hairy, but now the slightest bump can suddenly do solid damage to your vehicle is just silly. Reminds me of older games with vehicle damage. 

Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor

I haven't even bothered with the Dew system because of the requirement of a water filter, and it's production is so slow, that it's function becomes rather either pointless due to the murky water you find or you hit a critical mass of a Dew farm to make it where you no longer need to find said water, which is I guess fine in SP, but in MP, it's more of a "in case of everyone somehow didn't find a single bottle of murky water" emergency tap. It's a poor attempt into trying to make a system 'harder' when it doesn't make it harder, but rather tedious. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" is usually the antithesis of innovation, but in this case, I don't really care for trying to 'complicate' a starter survival system that, generally, every survival game out there has left in beginner status for good reason.