Descriptions

gniht

I am very disappointed in the lack of attention and consistency in regards to in-game descriptions.  Failing to provide players with accurate and complete descriptions just shows a blatant lack of care and consideration.  Not only does it just look like TFP doesn't care, but it's a real problem for people wanting to plan out their character builds without valid information.

Let me give some examples:
Dead Eye, Demolitions Expert, Boomstick, and Robotics Inventor all fail to mention that ranks have an effect on drop rates for their respective items and parts.  Then you have Gunslinger and Machine Gunner perks which say that you get bonus ammunition drops (ignoring the obvious typo in Machine Gunner) .  So that makes you wonder, if the other perks don't get bonus ammunition, maybe these are the two best things to rank up... however, just because it doesn't say you get bonus ammo in the perk, doesn't mean you don't... 

Reading the journal entry on spending skill points it clearly states that spending points in Boomstick  will increase the chance to find shotguns, shotgun shells, shotgun parts, and shotgun weekly magazines.  So then, should we just assume that perks do whatever we think is reasonable? Obviously that doesn't work... it makes you wonder how hard would it be to include this in the Boomstick perk description?  I mean really, if someone was looking for clarification elsewhere how likely would it even be that they would read "Spending Skill Points" in the journal? And even if they did, that still answers nothing in regard to the other perks mentioned above.

TL;DR:
Please get your descriptions accurate, complete, and at least resembling having been proofread.