Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Tom Stephens

Tom Stephens

Edit for spacing, extra response

16 hours ago, Gideon said:

You eat the jar, and then it evaporates out of your pores and from your breath. Later, it condenses back into jar form with the dew collector.

Yep, the jars out-gas from us as silane and CO2 (no PET-ting allowed).  But that kinda gas (just like methane) comes out of more than just pores.  Oh, and using or writing mods to change, add or re-introduce features to the game is by design.  Call it 'meta' if you like, but that process is WAD as far as I'm concerned.  And there ain't nuthin' unhealthy about introducing ourselves to a little XML by digging around in ../data/config.

On 9/17/2023 at 7:19 PM, meganoth said:

In our last game the first 3 of our >15 dew collectors were standing openly in the driveway of our residential home-turned-crafting base. Nothing around them at all, the screamer spike traps were all directly on the house walls. In about 50-60 days of playing not one of them got destroyed.

I elevate everything I can, which really is *everything* in this game.  In Fallout 4, you can use planters to put your crops and even water pumps on the roof behind protection, which you do because settlement attackers use RPGs and grenades a lot.  Base design in this game should already be looking to the arrival of ranged attackers with explosives.

Tom Stephens

Tom Stephens

16 hours ago, Gideon said:

You eat the jar, and then it evaporates out of your pores and from your breath. Later, it condenses back into jar form with the dew collector.

Yep, the jars out-gas from us as silane and CO2 (no PET-ting allowed).  But that kinda gas (just like methane) comes out of more than just pores.

Oh, and using or writing mods to change, add or re-introduce features to the game is by design.  Call it 'meta' if you like, but that process is WAD as far as I'm concerned.  And there ain't nuthin' unhealthy about introducing ourselves to a little XML by digging around in ../data/config.

On 9/17/2023 at 7:19 PM, meganoth said:

In our last game the first 3 of our >15 dew collectors were standing openly in the driveway of our residential home-turned-crafting base. Nothing around them at all, the screamer spike traps were all directly on the house walls. In about 50-60 days of playing not one of them got destroyed.

I elevate everything I can, which really is *everything* in this game.  In Fallout 4, you can use planters to put your crops and even water pumps on the roof behind protection, which you do because settlement attackers use RPGs and grenades a lot.  Base design in this game should already be looking to the arrival of ranged attackers with explosives.