Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

13 minutes ago, Apocalipservice said:

Aw, I was being snarky, lol, an I noted that survival was only one aspect of this hybrid game.  OK, I hear you about us easily able to get the water situation under control quickly - I have 14 murkies boiling on day 2 because of of bars and cafes. Overall it is actually a drought...ish environment - y'know w/ no potable water falling from the sky or in any of the big beautiful lakes? It's really about the lakes and rivers being wasted as well as the possible hassle *mid-game* when we're crafting and cooking a lot. Also, we all have our opinions about game changes and this time around I think it's a ridiculous one. *shrug* That's why we have so many mod overhauls and I appreciate how much the devs work w/ modders - love it when they hire 'em.  I love having bases near a lake but there (personally) seems less reason to do so now. Ah well, loving so much else of the update - cannot believe the POIs I came across in the wilderness. Just gorgeous and the zeds seem tougher. S thhe water thing isn't so much a turd in the punchbowl as...mm a dog's chew toy? Could be worse. 😃

In A15/A16 when there were really big lakes I "liked" them for their map-dividing characteristic or for them providing "structure" to the map. You might see a city on the other side of the lake, but getting there was often not that easy.

But I never needed them specifically for the water, especially after lots and lots of POIs with swimming pools and small ponds were added. But everyone has a different view about this. I'm just saying a need for them as water source was even in earlier alphas entirely in the eye of the beholder.

meganoth

meganoth

6 minutes ago, Apocalipservice said:

Aw, I was being snarky, lol, an I noted that survival was only one aspect of this hybrid game.  OK, I hear you about us easily able to get the water situation under control quickly - I have 14 murkies boiling on day 2 because of of bars and cafes. Overall it is actually a drought...ish environment - y'know w/ no potable water falling from the sky or in any of the big beautiful lakes? It's really about the lakes and rivers being wasted as well as the possible hassle *mid-game* when we're crafting and cooking a lot. Also, we all have our opinions about game changes and this time around I think it's a ridiculous one. *shrug* That's why we have so many mod overhauls and I appreciate how much the devs work w/ modders - love it when they hire 'em.  I love having bases near a lake but there (personally) seems less reason to do so now. Ah well, loving so much else of the update - cannot believe the POIs I came across in the wilderness. Just gorgeous and the zeds seem tougher. S thhe water thing isn't so much a turd in the punchbowl as...mm a dog's chew toy? Could be worse. 😃

In A15/A16 when there were really big lakes I "liked" them for their map-dividing characteristic. You might see a city on the other side of the lake, but getting there was often not that easy.

But I never needed them specifically for the water, especially after lots and lots of POIs with swimming pools are small ponds were added. But everyone has a different view about this. I'm just saying a need for them as water source was even in earlier alphas entirely in the eye of the beholder.