Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

22 hours ago, jerseyetr said:

If you ask me the biggest blunder of this whole water jar thing is that TFP wants the game to be more immersive, but water jars disappearing after using them isn't very immersive or real feeling to me.

Also, setting up a dew collector, then having it randomly produce jars for the water is immersion breaking and just weird.

Two posts I have never read in the forum:

"gas cans disappearing after using them isn't very immersive or real feeling to me"

"setting up a workbench, then having it produce stuff without anyone operating it is immersion breaking and just weird"

What I am saying is that the invisible jars and the dew collector seem only strange because they are new. The game already had lots of invisible containers (for gasoline, acid, oil, ...) and machinery operating without operator and electricity.

22 hours ago, jerseyetr said:

IIRC they did this before, although I think it was an accident years ago in which after drinking water you got no jar back. I remember my server and many others just modding it back into the game. I imagine lots are doing that again right now.

If you ask me, they need to make something else to replace the water jar. Maybe a canteen you can craft that you have to fill at the dew collector as the collector would have its own water tank storage, then once collected into the canteen, you can carry it around with you, but that effectively have you carrying one single water jar around and we all know one jar of water isn't enough. 

Say im out on a long run away from base, I expect 3 days away from base. What do I do? Id need multiple water jars since a single canteen doesn't work. So obviously the water jars concept needs to stay, or at least some sort of way to carry multiples. Maybe having to craft multiple canteens? Just seems some kinks need working out.

There may be some misunderstanding here: Water stacks up to 10 (like it did for a long time). So simply take a stack of 10 water with you when you go out 3 days. Better yet, make tea and take a stack of that with you

meganoth

meganoth

21 hours ago, jerseyetr said:

If you ask me the biggest blunder of this whole water jar thing is that TFP wants the game to be more immersive, but water jars disappearing after using them isn't very immersive or real feeling to me.

Also, setting up a dew collector, then having it randomly produce jars for the water is immersion breaking and just weird.

"gas cans disappearing after using them isn't very immersive or real feeling to me"

"setting up a workbench, then having it produce stuff without anyone operating it is immersion breaking and just weird"

What I am saying is that the invisible jars and the dew collector seem only strange because they are new. The game already had lots of invisible containers (for gasoline, acid, oil, ...) and machinery operating without operator and electricity.

IIRC they did this before, although I think it was an accident years ago in which after drinking water you got no jar back. I remember my server and many others just modding it back into the game. I imagine lots are doing that again right now.

If you ask me, they need to make something else to replace the water jar. Maybe a canteen you can craft that you have to fill at the dew collector as the collector would have its own water tank storage, then once collected into the canteen, you can carry it around with you, but that effectively have you carrying one single water jar around and we all know one jar of water isn't enough. 

Say im out on a long run away from base, I expect 3 days away from base. What do I do? Id need multiple water jars since a single canteen doesn't work. So obviously the water jars concept needs to stay, or at least some sort of way to carry multiples. Maybe having to craft multiple canteens? Just seems some kinks need working out.

There may be some misunderstanding here: Water stacks up to 10 (like it did for a long time). So simply take a stack of 10 water with you when you go out 3 days.

meganoth

meganoth

There may be some misunderstanding here: Water stacks up to 10. So simply take a stack of 10 water with you when you go out 3 days.