How to get started with ModAPI? Tutorials/documentation? And a ChatMessage question.

Taien

The tutorial in the fandom.com website for 7 days is a bit unhelpful.  It mostly tells you to look at the ServerTools mod for all info related to modding with the API.  I've reached the extent of the things I can do with xml modding and want to move into API modding to make some things like a warning message for the server restarts that my server undergoes, some special game events, etc.  I'm experienced with C# coding but can't find any info on the ModAPI for this game.  I've been vigorously scouring YouTube and Google but am coming up short.  So let me ask two simple questions:

1. Does anyone have any links to some good info on ModAPI?  Youtube videos or tutorial webpages?
2. To help me solve my immediate problem...how would I create a new ChatMessage rather than just catching one with a handler?  I want the server to send one on GameUpdate at the appropriate times before a restart, and I can code that, but I don't know how to actually send the message.