Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FramFramson

FramFramson

2 hours ago, Roland said:

I didn’t read anyone claiming that the wobble is supposed to be the intended feature. They speculated that if it is intended as it is, then it may have been a cheap and dirty way to do it. 

Until a dev weighs in, none of us can know if it is a bug, a work in progress, or the intended design and I don’t see anyone claiming to know that it is supposed to be like that—- only speculation that it might be like that on purpose. 

It’s definitely not a universal problem. Only some people complain about it just like only some people complain about having to constantly use repair kits—which is why these conversations typically devolve into offers of driving lessons… ;)

Well it's not completely clear what position meganoth is taking here, but a number of us have expressed our opinions that the wobble looks stupid as hell and meganoth's replies obviously take issue with this.

It doesn't really matter if the rubberband wobbling was intentional or just bad physics implementation (I suspect that latter, but obviously have no means of proving this), it's ridiculous enough to be noticed and discussed either way.

Personally, I'm getting more curious about two things:

1) What are the barriers to a mod looking to fix this?

2) How do motorbikes in mod packages which add vehicles handle? I should install one to test this quick.

FramFramson

FramFramson

I didn’t read anyone claiming that the wobble is supposed to be the intended feature. They speculated that if it is intended as it is, then it may have been a cheap and dirty way to do it. 

Until a dev weighs in, none of us can know if it is a bug, a work in progress, or the intended design and I don’t see anyone claiming to know that it is supposed to be like that—- only speculation that it might be like that on purpose. 

It’s definitely not a universal problem. Only some people complain about it just like only some people complain about having to constantly use repair kits—which is why these conversations typically devolve into offers of driving lessons… ;)

Well it's not completely clear what position meganoth is taking here, but a number of us have expressed our opinions that the wobble looks stupid as hell and meganoth's replies obviously take issue with this.

It doesn't really matter if the rubberband wobbling was intentional or just bad physics implementation (I suspect that latter, but obviously have no means of proving this), it's ridiculous enough to be noticed and discussed either way.

2) How do motorbikes in mod packages which add vehicles handle? I should install one to test this quick.

FramFramson

FramFramson

It doesn't really matter if the rubberband wobbling was intentional or just bad physics implementation (I suspect that latter, but obviously have no means of proving this), it's ridiculous enough to be noticed by players, who often express a similar opinion.