Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
métaphore

métaphore

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

And is your guess a 50/50 guess or do you have any information that makes it more likely than the alternative? 😁 . Since they said that they would develop the console version inhouse it seems likely that at least those are included in that figure. It also seems likely (and may have even been mentioned by TFP) that some of the PC developers are at least part-time working for the console port. I know of at least one person doing that, the newly hired network guy. Though he isn't proof of the work splitting as the network work has to span all platforms anyway.

It wasn't clear if they were talking about their staff working on A21 or if it was for the whole studio. Any console release would probably need a dedicated team working on specific parts for integration with Microsoft and Sony framework. Of course, many shared ressources can be used for other parts of this project.

They could have released a much smaller game years ago with a short polish beta (a rather rudimentary form of bandits was already in the game files once). Nobody would have batted an eye. Forget finishing, in a way the game will never be finished. But it will get released eventually as TFP surely don't want to release multiple alphas on console!!

I haven't seen any previous alpha that was ever close to "full release" standard.

Since, they keep re-doing things over and over, including core parts of the game and they have barely added any real new content in years (a drone and a few pipe weapon?) - they are rather removing quite a lot of stuff and are making things much simpler. So, yes, they could have labeled any previous version "Gold" and go for DLC "updates" instead. Then what? Would they have been more successful at making more money out of it with a bugged base game and such underpar graphics & animations?

They already hint at the console version with "soon". They can't do that for years.

Really?

When I started playing it, they said 7d2d would be going Gold... "soon".

And some people thought A21 was going to be released for console. My guess: they probably won't see A22 either.

I don't see what the money sunk into the legal battle has to do with our argument.

Don't you?

For years now, they do have three main projects all running at the same time:  going Gold on PC, releasing for Xbox and Playstation, developing a new game. And all that, following you and others on the forum, solely out of 7d2d sales. My point is that it's taking too long to get any of the three to materialize in the close future and they rather be sitting on a big pile of cash in order to be able to complete any of the three. So many things may change in the long road ahead. Having sunk a big deal of money to recover and dev in house the new console version is also certainly not helping the PC game going Gold faster.

Ah ok, so they do have investors. I don't think they would take them in except to finance expansion, like the second game studio, or the new effort to go into console space. And what could they have promised investors in return? Probably a cut of the console sales or the second game sales. 

All investors are promised one thing only: it's called ROI. There is usually a schedule attached to it.

And releasing the game 4 years ago would have been even easier as they could eventually sell what will be "7D2D" as "7D2D 2" (or "7D3D") instead. And have almost double income with much less trouble and from a much larger userbase than just the whales.

But they didn't release 4 years ago for a good reason: it really felt too much "early access" and they couldn't have possibly sold again the same crap every two years after this point.

métaphore

métaphore

And is your guess a 50/50 guess or do you have any information that makes it more likely than the alternative? 😁 . Since they said that they would develop the console version inhouse it seems likely that at least those are included in that figure. It also seems likely (and may have even been mentioned by TFP) that some of the PC developers are at least part-time working for the console port. I know of at least one person doing that, the newly hired network guy. Though he isn't proof of the work splitting as the network work has to span all platforms anyway.

It wasn't clear if they were talking about their staff working on A21 or if it was for the whole studio. Any console release would probably need a dedicated team working on specific parts for integration with Microsoft and Sony framework. Of course, many shared ressources can be used for other parts of this project.

They could have released a much smaller game years ago with a short polish beta (a rather rudimentary form of bandits was already in the game files once). Nobody would have batted an eye. Forget finishing, in a way the game will never be finished. But it will get released eventually as TFP surely don't want to release multiple alphas on console!!

I haven't seen any previous alpha that was ever close to "full release" standard.

Since, they keep re-doing things over and over, including core parts of the game and they have barely added any real new content in years (a drone and a few pipe weapon?) - they are rather removing quite a lot of stuff and are making things much simpler. So, yes, they could have labeled any previous version "Gold" and go for DLC "updates" instead. Then what? Would they have been more successful at making more money out of it with a bugged base game and such underpar graphics & animations?

They already hint at the console version with "soon". They can't do that for years.

Really?

When I started playing it, they said 7d2d would be going Gold... "soon".

And some people thought A21 was going to be released for console. My guess: they probably won't see A22 either.

I don't see what the money sunk into the legal battle has to do with our argument.

Don't you?

For years now, they do have three main projects all running at the same time:  going Gold on PC, releasing for Xbox and Playstation, developing a new game. And all that, following you and others on the forum, solely out of 7d2d sales. My point is that it's taking too long to get any of the three to materialize in the close future and they rather be sitting on a big pile of cash in order to be able to complete any of the three. So many things may change in the long road ahead. Having sunk a big deal of money to recover and dev in house the new console version is also certainly not helping the PC game going Gold faster.

Ah ok, so they do have investors. I don't think they would take them in except to finance expansion, like the second game studio, or the new effort to go into console space. And what could they have promised investors in return? Probably a cut of the console sales or the second game sales. 

All investors are promised one thing only: it's called ROI. There is usually a schedule attached to it.

And releasing the game 4 years ago would have been even easier as they could eventually sell what will be "7D2D" as "7D2D 2" (or "7D3D") instead. And have almost double income with much less trouble and from a much larger userbase than just the whales.

But they didn't release 4 years ago for a good reason: it really felt too much "early access" and they couldn't have possibly sold again the same crap every two years after this point.

métaphore

métaphore

39 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Really?

When I started plyaing, 7d2d will go Gold... soon.

Don't you?