Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
métaphore

métaphore

56 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?
There are no problems with finding fabric in the game. I showed you places where you can find fabric even on the first day, although the game does not set any conditions for you.
No bottlenecks. You can find enough fabric. 

Then, thank you for sharing ;)

But, you know, there was also this very large Savage Country POI right next to the Crack a Book POI that I've found. Guess what, did I go for the thousands of cloth rather than looting dozens of books?

My point is that, with the previous build, I would have had enough fabric at the end of this Crack a Book looting in order to make everything I needed without bothering to go next door for scavenging more clothes. With A21.1, I couldn't even craft more than a single spare bandage and a single Duct Tape with all the fabric I get from this Crack a Book POI. Hence, very very far from 300+ pieces I needed.

Hence, in my humble opinion, this is an update worth trying.

But, now, if you ask me if I really liked all this extra banging (taking several minutes) for each couch scavenged (those with several parts and high hp) with my Q1 stone axe, only to get a few extra pieces of cloth for it? ... well not really. In fact, I went out the next day and gathered coton instead, which is way faster, and one can also get a chicken spawn as a bonus.

What about the bottleneck for crafting? The previous version had one with murky water because it would be obvious that the priority use for water was for drinking or cooking but not for making tons of glue out of bones. Now, there is another one with fabric because, like iron, stone, wood or any other ressources which are practically in infinite number in the world, it simply takes a lot of time and (very boring) effort to collect it in the large quantity needed.

Hence, you'll end up being short of them (grind) when crafting.

métaphore

métaphore

51 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?
There are no problems with finding fabric in the game. I showed you places where you can find fabric even on the first day, although the game does not set any conditions for you.

But, you know, there was also this very large Savage Country POI right next to the Crack a Book POI that I've found. Guess what, did I go for the thousands of cloth rather than looting dozens of books?

My point is that, with the previous build, I would have had enough fabric at the end of this Crack a Book looting in order to make everything I needed without bothering to go next door for scavenging more clothes. With A21.1, I couldn't even craft more than a single spare bandage and a single Duct Tape with all the fabric I get from this Crack a Book POI. Hence, very very far from 300+ pieces I needed.

But, now, if you ask me if I really liked all this extra banging (taking several minutes) for each couch scavenged (those with several parts and high hp) with my Q1 stone axe, only to get a few extra pieces of cloth for it? ... well not really. In fact, I went out the next day and gathered coton instead, which is way faster, and one can also get a chicken spawn as a bonus.

What about the bottleneck for crafting? The previous version had one with murky water because it would be obvious that the priority use of water was for drinking or cooking but not for making tons of glue out of bones. Now, there is another one with fabric because, like iron, stone, wood or any other ressources which are practically in infinite number in the world, it simply takes a lot of time and (very boring) effort to collect it in the large quantity needed.

Hence, you'll end up being short of them (grind) when crafting.

métaphore

métaphore

50 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

What about the bottleneck for crafting? The previous version had one with murky water because it would be obvious that the priority use of water was for drinking or cooking but not for making tons of glue out of bones. Now, there is another one with fabric because, like iron, stone, wood or any other ressources which are practically in infinite number in the world, it simply takes a lot of time and (very boring) effort to collect it in the large quantity needed.

Hence, you'll end up being short of them (grind).

métaphore

métaphore

42 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

Hence, you'll end being short of them (grind).

métaphore

métaphore

41 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

métaphore

métaphore

34 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

My point is that, with the previous build, I would have had enough fabric at the end of this Crack a Book looting in order to make everything I needed whithout bothering to go next door for scavenging more clothes. With A21.1, I couldn't even craft more than a single spare bandage and a single Duct Tape with all the fabric I get from this Crack a Book POI. Hence, very very far from 300+ pieces I needed.

métaphore

métaphore

24 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

My point is that, with the previous build, I would have had enough fabric at the end of this Crack a Book looting in order to make everything I needed whithout bothering to go next door for scavenging more clothes. With A21.1, I couldn't even craft more than a single spare bandage and a single Duct Tape with all the fabric I get from this Crack a Book POI. Hence, very very far from 300+ pieces I needed.

But, now, if you ask me if I really liked all this extra banging (taking several minutes) for each couch scavenged (those with several parts and high hp) with my Q1 stone axe, only to get a few extra pieces a cloth for it? ... well not really. In fact, I went out the next day and gathered coton instead, which is way faster, and one can also get a chicken spawn as a bonus.

métaphore

métaphore

22 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

Hence, a change worth trying.

métaphore

métaphore

13 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

But, you know, there was also this very large Savage Country POI right next to the Crack a Book POI that I've found. Guess what, did I go for the thousands of cloth or rather than looting dozens of books?

Hence, a change worth trying.

métaphore

métaphore

11 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

Did you write that?

Thank you for sharing ;)

But, you know, there was also a large Savage Country POI right next to the Crack a Book POI that I've found. Guess what, did I go for the thousands of cloth or rather looted several dozen of books?