Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Sephiroth87xz

Sephiroth87xz

On 7/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, meganoth said:

There is no requirement in the forum to post complete solutions to the whole balance problem 😉.

The idea isn't without drawbacks as well as the player would be forced to go through "low-level" POIs again just to reach higher tiers. Probably the walk through the lower tiers would have to be shortened once you finished them once to not make this a grind.

I think is better for Developers to fix the whole unbalanced situation of trader/quest/loot, because the problem is the same.

Too high quality/tier weapons/tool are avaible too soon.

This break totally the difficulty balance.

Is a problem spread across multiple systems, for this i think is better for Developers to work for an overall solution.

On 7/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, RipClaw said:

It works for you and your playstyle, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone in every situation. A player who doesn't loot, or loots very little, will progress slowly or not at all with the magazine system. Someone who does nothing but looting will progress quickly.

It also depends on how many opportunities you have to find magazines. The more loot containers you have that could potentially hold a magazine, the faster you will progress. Looting a crack a book can give you a huge boost in progress. If you have a town with a lot of mailboxes and news dispensers, you will also progress faster than if you have a town that does not.

By difficulty system, you probably mean the gamestage. The difficulty settings have no effect on the gamestage. In the calculation for the gamestage there used to be a multiplier that changes with the difficulty setting but that was changed some time ago and set to a fixed value of 1.2.

What was added in A21 is the biome bonus and biome multiplier for the gamestage calculation.

If you want to have a hard game that relies mainly on your crafting skills then I would suggest that you change the loot settings to at least 50%, don't do any quests and don't put any points into Daring Adventurer.

They always do until 7 Days goes gold and maybe even beyond. But they never said that the balancing will be based on the crafting skills as you seem to imagine.

The traderstage, lootstage and the gamestage have the player level as a common element in the calculation. It can therefore be assumed that this is the central anchor point. But the crafting skills are not bound to the player level. This is based solely on the magazines you read.

The quest rewards are a different story. These are basically a special loot group per quest tier and per quest type. Here the balancing could be more about the rewards being appropriate for the quest tier and the quest type. Less relevant could be that they match the gamestage, lootstage or traderstage.

No, I think they will continue to balance the game based on telemetry data but not necessarily in the way you imagine. You seem to see crafting as a central element but my impression is that the developers see looting as a central element of the game.

Whether they will change the quest rewards much remains to be seen. If they do, they will probably tie the quest reward to the lootstage and not to the crafting skills of the player but cap it based on the quest tier.

Not really with magazine you progress in line with the difficulty system.

Are traders/loot/quest to break the actual difficulty system, giving too soon too high quality/tier of weapons and tools.

Not only gamestage, the difficulty you choice before start the game change the overall difficulty to raising damage and so on.

The problem is if you use trader/loot/quests you will break everything easily at max difficulty.

This is the error i see in some comments, a game need to be balanced overall, you don't need to change setting to fix the normal balance of the game(i not used daring adventure perk)

The crafting system is central to understand how developers want the progression to work, if you read the comment you will see Developers talked of not overlapping of tiers of weapons, magazine system fixed this thing for developers was a problem.

Now traders/loot/quests have this exact problem too.

You think Developers wanted to fix this only the crafting progression?

And want to leave the same problem for traders/loot/quests?

Would be a seriously strange way of balance a game to leave 3 progression systems of the game to break the difficulty system.

I think you should understand is a problem when a game have a progression system which break the difficulty system and 7 days to die actually have 3 system to break it, traders, loot and quests.

I doubt Developers don't want to solve this problem and they already find a working solution with magazine for crafting, now they will need to apply the same base idea of balancing to traders/loot/quests.

Sephiroth87xz

Sephiroth87xz

On 7/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, meganoth said:

There is no requirement in the forum to post complete solutions to the whole balance problem 😉.

The idea isn't without drawbacks as well as the player would be forced to go through "low-level" POIs again just to reach higher tiers. Probably the walk through the lower tiers would have to be shortened once you finished them once to not make this a grind.

I think is better for Developers to fix the whole unbalanced situation of trader/quest/loot, because the problem is the same.

Too high quality/tier weapons/tool are avaible too soon.

This break totally the difficulty balance.

Is a problem spread across multiple systems, for this i think is better for Developers to work for an overall solution.

On 7/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, RipClaw said:

It works for you and your playstyle, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone in every situation. A player who doesn't loot, or loots very little, will progress slowly or not at all with the magazine system. Someone who does nothing but looting will progress quickly.

It also depends on how many opportunities you have to find magazines. The more loot containers you have that could potentially hold a magazine, the faster you will progress. Looting a crack a book can give you a huge boost in progress. If you have a town with a lot of mailboxes and news dispensers, you will also progress faster than if you have a town that does not.

By difficulty system, you probably mean the gamestage. The difficulty settings have no effect on the gamestage. In the calculation for the gamestage there used to be a multiplier that changes with the difficulty setting but that was changed some time ago and set to a fixed value of 1.2.

What was added in A21 is the biome bonus and biome multiplier for the gamestage calculation.

If you want to have a hard game that relies mainly on your crafting skills then I would suggest that you change the loot settings to at least 50%, don't do any quests and don't put any points into Daring Adventurer.

They always do until 7 Days goes gold and maybe even beyond. But they never said that the balancing will be based on the crafting skills as you seem to imagine.

The traderstage, lootstage and the gamestage have the player level as a common element in the calculation. It can therefore be assumed that this is the central anchor point. But the crafting skills are not bound to the player level. This is based solely on the magazines you read.

The quest rewards are a different story. These are basically a special loot group per quest tier and per quest type. Here the balancing could be more about the rewards being appropriate for the quest tier and the quest type. Less relevant could be that they match the gamestage, lootstage or traderstage.

No, I think they will continue to balance the game based on telemetry data but not necessarily in the way you imagine. You seem to see crafting as a central element but my impression is that the developers see looting as a central element of the game.

Whether they will change the quest rewards much remains to be seen. If they do, they will probably tie the quest reward to the lootstage and not to the crafting skills of the player but cap it based on the quest tier.

Not really with magazine you progress in line with the difficulty system.

Are traders/loot/quest to break the actual difficulty system, giving too soon too high quality/tier of weapons and tools.

Not only gamestage, the difficulty you choice before start the game change the overall difficulty to raising damage and so on.

The problem is if you use trader/loot/quests you will break everything easily at max difficulty.

This is the error i see in some comments, a game need to be balanced overall, you don't need to change setting to fix the normal balance of the game(i not used daring adventure perk)

The crafting system is central to understand how developers want the progression to work, if you read the comment you will see Developers talked of not overlapping of tiers of weapons, magazine system fixed this thing for developers was a problem.

Now traders/loot/quests have this exact problem too.

You think Developers wanted to fix this only the crafting progression?

And want to leave the same problem for traders/loot/quests?

Would be a seriously strange way of balance a game to leave 3 progression systems of the game to break the difficulty system.