Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Sephiroth87xz

Sephiroth87xz

22 hours ago, icehot said:

Yes it is a matter of opinion, your opinion is that it's broken, mine is that it's not and is correct, infact it's also how I'd design it, because I understand risk/reward ratio.  The higher the risk, the higher the reward you should hope for.  Otherwise there's no point in it - that's what dictates motivation along with ambition.  Might as well get rid of the wasteland cos that offers higher rewards than you can craft too.

You are confusing your opinion with how a videogame gameplay design need to work.

And you are ignoring the fact you need to risk to obtain the magazine needed to progress with weapons and armors.

Alot more than quests/traders/loot, because the progression of magazine is more slower and linear.

Instead quests/traders/loot are the easy way to play and even broke the difficulty system of the game.

Because this is the other problem you are ignoring.

Isn't only a matter of traders/quests/loot to have a unbalanced progression compared to crafting/magazine.

Traders/quests/loot are unbalanced compared to the difficulty system of the game.

The unbalanced progression of traders/quests/loot outpace too quickly and too easily the difficulty system.

Actually not worth to play traders/quests and you need to leave some loot if you want to keep a basic difficulty.

And this with the near max difficulty option active.

Now think how much is unbalanced the progression of traders/quests/loot compared to the normal difficulty, where this should be balanced.

Traders/quests/loot progression aren't in line with the game, this is the fact.

Actually traders/quests/loot are only an easy way for players to make the game more easy than normal.

20 hours ago, meganoth said:

If the player doesn't have the money to buy all the easily accesible systems then it does work. Ignore my comment if lots of money was part of what you meant with "easy access"

The problem is the presence of too much higher quality/tier items from traders.

Isn't more easy for developers make this item not appear them instead of rebalance price rewards or rebalance price system/reduce overall sell price?

Because simple cut the money rewards of quests not solve you can easily obtain money in other way and not solve the problem of quests rewards and loot.

I think make this items appear more late in gamestage/days is a more easy way for developers to solve the unbalanced progression of traders/loot/quests.

Giving a more slower progression to traders/loot/quests will be more in line the actual game progression.

Actually is too quick and ruin totally the balance and even the difficulty.

Sephiroth87xz

Sephiroth87xz

21 hours ago, icehot said:

Yes it is a matter of opinion, your opinion is that it's broken, mine is that it's not and is correct, infact it's also how I'd design it, because I understand risk/reward ratio.  The higher the risk, the higher the reward you should hope for.  Otherwise there's no point in it - that's what dictates motivation along with ambition.  Might as well get rid of the wasteland cos that offers higher rewards than you can craft too.

You are confusing your opinion with how a videogame gameplay design need to work.

And you are ignoring the fact you need to risk to obtain the magazine needed to progress with weapons and armors.

Alot more than quests/traders/loot, because the progression of magazine is more slower and linear.

Instead quests/traders/loot are the easy way to play and even broke the difficulty system of the game.

Isn't only a matter of traders/quests/loot to have a unbalanced progression compared to crafting/magazine.

Traders/quests/loot are unbalanced compared to the difficulty system of the game.

The unbalanced progression of traders/quests/loot outpace too quickly and too easily the difficulty system.

Actually not worth to play traders/quests and you need to leave some loot if you want to keep a basic difficulty.

Now think how much is unbalanced the progression of traders/quests/loot compared to the normal difficulty, where this should be balanced.

Actually traders/quests/loot are only an easy way for players to make the game more easy than normal.

Sephiroth87xz

Sephiroth87xz

Actually traders/quests/loot are only an easy way for players to make the game more easy.

Sephiroth87xz

Sephiroth87xz