Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

10 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

Should I bother making a bug report (since there aren't any reports of it already) or is this just supposed to happen? Had alpha 20 downloaded, installed alpha 21 EXP, and now it's throwing a ton of errors that the old bundles don't exist anymore. I downgrade back to alpha 20, and the error does not occur. I download the latest experimental over top of Alpha 20, thinking that would fix it, and the entire Bundles folder, where the error is pointing to, disappears (even though it was originally there). You'd think this would be a bigger bug but it seems I'm the only person having this problem so maybe it isn't a problem, and I don't want to make a bug report if it's intentional. This is the error that throws. If I should make a bug report let me know:

Reveal hidden contents

ERR Loading AssetBundle "Y:/(0) Steam Games/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/Other/Items" failed: Parent folder not found!

"Y:(0) Steam Games" is a custom folder on my SSD that I use to install all of my games to since I don't want them on my hard drive (which hopefully I will be upgrading to an SSD also soon). I have no idea what this error means but it does not happen when I have Alpha 20 downloaded (because the Bundles folder does not disappear from the Data folder, that only happens when I update to latest_experimental)

It also doesn't actually like, harm anything, at least not as far as I can see, so again it might not even be something I need to report.

There is a general support section in the forum, good for problems you are not sure about.

And the error message means that no "Other" folder was found. And A21 seems to have no "Other" folder at that location, if it is gone it might be just right.

meganoth

meganoth

6 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

Should I bother making a bug report (since there aren't any reports of it already) or is this just supposed to happen? Had alpha 20 downloaded, installed alpha 21 EXP, and now it's throwing a ton of errors that the old bundles don't exist anymore. I downgrade back to alpha 20, and the error does not occur. I download the latest experimental over top of Alpha 20, thinking that would fix it, and the entire Bundles folder, where the error is pointing to, disappears (even though it was originally there). You'd think this would be a bigger bug but it seems I'm the only person having this problem so maybe it isn't a problem, and I don't want to make a bug report if it's intentional. This is the error that throws. If I should make a bug report let me know:

Reveal hidden contents

ERR Loading AssetBundle "Y:/(0) Steam Games/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/Other/Items" failed: Parent folder not found!

"Y:(0) Steam Games" is a custom folder on my SSD that I use to install all of my games to since I don't want them on my hard drive (which hopefully I will be upgrading to an SSD also soon). I have no idea what this error means but it does not happen when I have Alpha 20 downloaded (because the Bundles folder does not disappear from the Data folder, that only happens when I update to latest_experimental)

It also doesn't actually like, harm anything, at least not as far as I can see, so again it might not even be something I need to report.

There is a general support section in the forum for problems.

And the error message means that no "Other" folder was found. And A21 seems to have no "Other" folder at that location, if it is gone it might be just right.