Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Neminsis said:

Maybe, or maybe crafting will be balanced so that it comes up to the same level. Just favoring the critical crafting and workstation mags in the loot and trader table would go a long way towards evening it out, but yeah, daring adventurer and better barter really unbalances it.

With the way magazines are set up they would probably just decrease the number of magazines you need to reach every milestone.

But no matter which method they would employ it would also change the balance for the whole game, because players who play it normally would get the workstations in no time if those drop more in loot and can be bought more often at the trader.

I can think of one solution that would specifically address the ungrouped SP miner/builder (who is the only one with a problem really) without changing overall balance too much: If you perk into AdvancedEngineering you always have a very small chance to find a diamond while digging below ground (i.e. whenever destroying a dirt block). And you can trade in diamonds for specific magazines like forge ahead at the trader. 

meganoth

meganoth

58 minutes ago, Neminsis said:

Maybe, or maybe crafting will be balanced so that it comes up to the same level. Just favoring the critical crafting and workstation mags in the loot and trader table would go a long way towards evening it out, but yeah, daring adventurer and better barter really unbalances it.

With the way magazines are set up they would probably just decrease the number of magazines you need to reach every milestone.

But no matter which method they would employ it would also change the balance for the whole game, because players who play it normally would get the workstations in no time if those drop more in loot and can be bought at the trader.

I can think of one solution that would specifically address the ungrouped SP miner/builder (who is the only one with a problem really) without changing overall balance too much: If you perk into AdvancedEngineering you always have a very small chance to find a diamond while digging below ground (i.e. whenever destroying a dirt block). And you can trade in diamonds for specific magazines like forge ahead at the trader.