Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
HeLLKnight

HeLLKnight

Hey, wanted to give you some initial a21exp performance feedback. I7 13700k, 32gb 6400mhz CL32, RTX3080. Tried resolutions up to 4k and low medium high ultra presets.

In general A21 improved a bit in some cases and scenarios, specially in cities with many zombies, great job! I give you results on the top of Higashi tower with other big buildings in the background.

Ultra preset
- No zombies (killall): 60-70 fps
- spamming 50 demolishers: 45-50 fps

High preset
- No zombies (killall): 80-90 fps
- spamming 50 demolishers: 60-70 fps

In all cases 1440p to avoid GPU bottleneck, MSI Afterburner reporting GPU usage always below 65%. Far from gold for a 13700k IMO, but better. I've seen a streamer playing a21 with AMD 2700x and 2080ti suffering 30-40fps in a little town with 15-20 zombies, 1440p and medium preset (low GPU usage too), while using other PC to capture the streaming and as game server. Hope there is room for more improvement in this unique voxel game.

I didnt have good experiences with dynamic resolution in automatic mode. In heavy scenarios when I'm clearly CPU bound with GPU at 50%, when fps are below 60 the game lowers resolution by a lot and my fps doesnt get up at all. Maybe the solution is to only lower resolution if the game detects itself that the GPU is in heavy use?

@faatal implementations of FSR for old Unity render pipeline keep improving. The free mentioned here a month ago got updates, and the 30$ unity store addon is released, gives support and they are looking into Adaptive FSR quality, that can even be seemless as the downscaling is a float value between 1 and 3. Maybe this could improve current dynamic resolution implementation.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/fsr-2-upscaling-for-unity-252172

About graphics, I improved antialiasing a lot injecting FXAA on top of ingame TAA with Reshade, improving edges specially in far geometry. Maybe TAA+FXAA or TAA+SMAA or whatever could be an option in a future.

HeLLKnight

HeLLKnight

Hey, wanted to give you some initial a21exp performance feedback. I7 13700k, 32gb 6400mhz CL32, RTX3080. Tried resolutions up to 4k and low medium high ultra presets.

In general A21 improved a bit in some cases and scenarios, specially in cities with many zombies, great job! I give you results on the top of Higashi tower with other big buildings in the background.

Ultra preset
- No zombies (killall): 60-70 fps
- spamming 50 demolishers: 45-50 fps

High preset
- No zombies (killall): 80-90 fps
- spamming 50 demolishers: 60-70 fps

In all cases 1440p to avoid GPU bottleneck, MSI Afterburner reporting GPU usage always below 65%. Far from gold for a 13700k IMO, but better. I've seen a streamer playing a21 with AMD 2700x and 2080ti suffering 30-40fps in a little town with 15-20 zombies, 1440p and medium preset (low GPU usage too), while using other PC to capture the streaming and as game server. Hope there is room for more improvement in this unique voxel game.

I didnt have good experiences with dynamic resolution in automatic mode. In heavy scenarios when I'm clearly CPU bound with GPU at 50%, when fps are below 60 the game lowers resolution by a lot and my fps doesnt get up at all. Maybe the solution is to only lower resolution if the game detects itself that the GPU is in heavy use?

@faatal implementations of FSR for old Unity render pipeline keep improving. The free mentioned here a month ago got updates, and the 30$ unity store addon is released, gives support and they are looking into Adaptive FSR quality, that can even be seemless as the downscaling is a float value between 1 and 3. Maybe this could improve current dynamic resolution implementation.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/fsr-2-upscaling-for-unity-252172

About graphics, I improved antialiasing a lot injecting FXAA on top of ingame TAA, improving edges specially in far geometry. Maybe TAA+FXAA or TAA+SMAA or whatever could be an option in a future.