Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Anarath

Anarath

Hey there, thanks a lot for putting so much effort into this!!! I had a blast playing it. Just like I had back in the days with the original RE.

EDIT: Added a new bullet point.

I'd like to cover twelve things I encountered during my play through:

Spoiler

1. In my humble opinion the storage boxes should be linked (if possible). I think I read somewhere you didn't link them on purpose but I had to backtrack so much and even move all items from one location to another at one point. For 7DTD this is something you would do, in RE not so much. Especially since your inventory is very limited. It was just time consuming for no reason and the only thing that annoyed me ... and sadly it annoyed me a lot. Especially doing it and then dying, just to do it all over again.

2. Is there a reason for the Rockets you find during the run not being usable with the Quad-Rocket Launcher? I just didn't find the normal Rocket Launcher it seems. Would've wished to make use of it in the final battle – in case I'd missed the Tyrant too often.

3. The third wheel was missing for me at the end. I can't remember if I found it and by accident dropped it on the floor, which in turn despawned later on. Maybe I just missed it. Though I've looked around the whole mansion two times at the end (everything was dead and I had plenty of time). Had to cheat it in order to finish the game, which was not to my liking. Is there a fail safe in case of accidentally dropping something and it despawns?

4. Would it be possible to get an "Exit" button instead or below the "Respawn near your backpack" when you die? Feels weird to have to spawn back in just to be able to exit.

5. Is dismantling meant to give lesser resources than crafting the same item would need? Didn't use that feature, just tested it out of curiosity and found that dismantling an AK bullet gave 21 gun powder while creating it costs 28.

6. In the room where you get the Shotgun there seems to be a wall plate to be of interest (lowered in). While hitting it zombies on the other side did wake up. Since the door to this area was still locked they were quite a nuisance due to the noise they made hitting stuff in order to get to me.

7. Not gonna lie, I cheesed at some point. Dogs can be killed through doors. When they try to break a door their heads often stick out to the other side, which allows you to knife them down. So basically just a 7DTD thing, but maybe you have an idea how to fix this.

8. I remember getting XP at times, though I'm not sure when exactly. Might be when you scrap journals? Definitely opening untouched Storage Chests or Typewriters, like the one that is hidden behind cardboard.

9. In the mostly empty room connected to the room with the globe (lobby, bottom floor, second door to the right side, locked at the beginning) there is a decoration at the wall that can be broken which gives 2 wood. There is another one and if I remember correctly it's in the room that leads to the Plant 42 boss fight. Should be directly to the right wall after entering that room. (Maybe harvesting these two things was where I got the XP from.)

10. The room near to the attic where you can destroy cabinets to a secret department. You can destroy nearly everything there since the destroyable cabinet block is used for every cabinet in that room. If I'm not mistaken that destroyable block has found its way into various rooms where it solves no purpose when destroyed. The bar in the room with the piano for example can be fully destroyed.

11. I have the feeling that Lisa Trevor has a teleport. I lured her into the room with the big table. I ran out and up the stairs while closing every door behind me. Obviously she would follow and open doors as long as she senses me. But later on she stood before me though the door she was behind before was still closed. Needless to say I got a heart attack from that 😛 Still I figure this might not be the way it is intended.

12. Is it intentional that you can destroy the farm plots (and getting nitrate) used in the corridor leading to and in the courtyard?

Anarath

Anarath

Hey there, thanks a lot for putting so much effort into this!!! I had a blast playing it. Just like I had back in the days with the original RE.

Spoiler

1. In my humble opinion the storage boxes should be linked (if possible). I think I read somewhere you didn't link them on purpose but I had to backtrack so much and even move all items from one location to another at one point. For 7DTD this is something you would do, in RE not so much. Especially since your inventory is very limited. It was just time consuming for no reason and the only thing that annoyed me ... and sadly it annoyed me a lot. Especially doing it and then dying, just to do it all over again.

2. Is there a reason for the Rockets you find during the run not being usable with the Quad-Rocket Launcher? I just didn't find the normal Rocket Launcher it seems. Would've wished to make use of it in the final battle – in case I'd missed the Tyrant too often.

3. The third wheel was missing for me at the end. I can't remember if I found it and by accident dropped it on the floor, which in turn despawned later on. Maybe I just missed it. Though I've looked around the whole mansion two times at the end (everything was dead and I had plenty of time). Had to cheat it in order to finish the game, which was not to my liking. Is there a fail safe in case of accidentally dropping something and it despawns?

4. Would it be possible to get an "Exit" button instead or below the "Respawn near your backpack" when you die? Fells weird to have to spawn back in just to be able to exit.

5. Is dismantling meant to give lesser resources than crafting the same item would need? Didn't use that feature, just tested it out of curiosity and found that dismantling an AK bullet gave 21 gun powder while creating it costs 28.

6. In the room where you get the Shotgun there seems to be a wall plate to be of interest (lowered in). While hitting it zombies on the other side did wake up. Since the door to this area was still locked they were quite a nuisance due to the noise they made hitting stuff in order to get to me.

7. Not gonna lie, I cheesed at some point. Dogs can be killed through doors. When they try to break a door their heads often stick out to the other side, which allows you to knife them down. So basically just a 7DTD thing, but maybe you have an idea how to fix this.

8. I remember getting XP at times, though I'm not sure when exactly. Might be when you scrap journals? Definitely opening untouched Storage Chests or Typewriters, like the one that is hidden behind cardboard.

9. In the mostly empty room connected to the room with the globe (lobby, bottom floor, second door to the right side, locked at the beginning) there is a decoration at the wall that can be broken which gives 2 wood. There is another one and if I remember correctly it's in the room that leads to the Plant 42 boss fight. Should be directly to the right wall after entering that room. (Maybe harvesting these two things was where I got the XP from.)

10. The room near to the attic where you can destroy cabinets to a secret department. You can destroy nearly everything there since the destroyable cabinet block is used for every cabinet in that room. If I'm not mistaken that destroyable block has found its way into various rooms where it solves no purpose when destroyed. The bar in the room with the piano for example can be fully destroyed.

11. I have the feeling that Lisa Trevor has a teleport. I lured her into the room with the big table. I ran out and up the stairs while closing every door behind me. Obviously she would follow and open doors as long as she senses me. But later on she stood before me though the door she was behind before was still closed. Needless to say I got a heart attack from that 😛 Still I figure this might not be the way it is intended.

12. Is it intentional that you can destroy the farm plots (and getting nitrate) used in the corridor leading to and in the courtyard?

Anarath

Anarath

Spoiler

4. Would it be possible to get an "Exit" button instead or below the "Respawn near your backpack" when you die? Fells weird to have to spawn back in just to be able to exit.

8. I remember getting XP at times, though I'm not sure when exactly. Might be when you scrap journals? Definitely opening untouched Storage Chests, like the one that is hidden behind cardboard.

Anarath

Anarath

Spoiler

8. I remember getting XP at times, though I'm not sure when exactly. Might be when you scrap journals?

Anarath

Anarath

Spoiler

8. I remember getting XP at times, though I'm not sure when exactly. Might be when you scrap journals?

12. Is it intentional that you can destroy the farm plots (and getting nitrate) used in the corridor leading to the courtyard?

Anarath

Anarath

I'd like to cover eleven things I encountered during my play through:

Spoiler

Anarath

Anarath

I'd like to cover eleven things I encountered during my play through:

Spoiler

10. The room near to the attic where you can destroy cabinets to a secret department. You can destroy nearly everything there since the destroyable cabinet block is used for every cabinet in that room. If I'm not mistaken that destroyable block has found its way into various rooms where it solves no purpose when destroyed.