Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Exeline

Exeline

6 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Two questions: 

1. I see there is an improvedhordes folder when I download but clicking on it goes to config, but then ANOTHER improvedhordes folder, I just place the main folder into mods correct? 

2. Can I use this mod with Khaines WanderingHordes mod and or any other mods like Dan's More Zombies? https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5176  or will it conflict? 

Thank you 

This is what the author wrote to me on nexusmods:

Spoiler

The mod introduces real roaming hordes that roam the world that you can encounter at any point of your journey that spawn in when you get close by. This is different to the vanilla behavior and other mods which modify the vanilla wandering hordes as they aren't spawned in randomly nearby (technically a whole simulation of horde movement throughout the world is running as you're playing).

As for what mods to go with, I don't see there being too much difference in whether you choose to run with other mods like Wandering Horde Frequency or Dangerous Cities which increase zombie counts. I see it more as a balancing exercise of whether you want more or less zombies and adjusting each mod as you see fit.

Improved Hordes is based on unpredictability and any actions such as heatmap activity only increases it, meaning you could very well attract either multiple hordes of zombies in succession, hordes within a short space of each other, or no hordes at all if you've cleared out all the ones nearby for the week. Keep in mind, this is mostly adjustable in the configuration file.

But i am not sure anymore that they work smoothly together.

I don't see any additional hordes except for those added/edited with wandering horde mod (those are easily identified as they are huge and spawn within same interval).

And the screamers i met did not spawn any additional zombies, they are acting more or less as average zombies. Such a bummer.

Exeline

Exeline

Two questions: 

1. I see there is an improvedhordes folder when I download but clicking on it goes to config, but then ANOTHER improvedhordes folder, I just place the main folder into mods correct? 

2. Can I use this mod with Khaines WanderingHordes mod and or any other mods like Dan's More Zombies? https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5176  or will it conflict? 

Thank you 

Spoiler

The mod introduces real roaming hordes that roam the world that you can encounter at any point of your journey that spawn in when you get close by. This is different to the vanilla behavior and other mods which modify the vanilla wandering hordes as they aren't spawned in randomly nearby (technically a whole simulation of horde movement throughout the world is running as you're playing).

As for what mods to go with, I don't see there being too much difference in whether you choose to run with other mods like Wandering Horde Frequency or Dangerous Cities which increase zombie counts. I see it more as a balancing exercise of whether you want more or less zombies and adjusting each mod as you see fit.

Improved Hordes is based on unpredictability and any actions such as heatmap activity only increases it, meaning you could very well attract either multiple hordes of zombies in succession, hordes within a short space of each other, or no hordes at all if you've cleared out all the ones nearby for the week. Keep in mind, this is mostly adjustable in the configuration file.

I don't see any additional hordes except for those added with wandering horde mod (those are easily identified as they are huge and spawn within same interval).

And the screamers i met did not spawn any additional zombies, they are acting more or less as average zombies. Such a bummer.

Exeline

Exeline

Two questions: 

Thank you 

Spoiler

I don't see any additional hordes except for those added with wandering horde mod (those are easily identified as they spawn within same interval).