Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

7 hours ago, Agame said:

More questions sorry :D

I have been increasing numbers in the settings file to get more hordes and I went out to the snow zone, and I found even small towns filled with hundreds of zombies, trying to go into a POI I would be drowning in a sea of Zs, even POIs in the wilderness I was quite quickly getting large groups moving in on me. This is compared to the forest biome where I am maybe seeing a group of a dozen once a day. Its pretty wild the difference between forest and snow. And it could be my imagination but the snow hordes seemed way more aggressive, I see them way in the distance standing around and then even if I just sit there they slowly begin to move towards me.

So these settings clearly have a HUGE impact on horde numbers: <horde_biome_multiplier> <horde_biome_curve_scale>

Just curious how they work, are they a multiplier that is also multiplied by biome skull count? And if I wanted to 'flatten' hordes out across all the biomes ie same number and size of hordes would I set them to zero? Or is the games biome difficulty a hardcoded boost to the hordes? My goal is to get bigger hordes in the pine forest... without making my computer catch on fire and explode if I go to the wasteland...

The biome multiplier is the setting you are looking to adjust for baseline levels. The curve scale is exponential and increases the number of hordes in harder biomes by a lot, so you would want this number to be exactly 1.0 (to flatten).

Mathematically speaking, the curve is calculated as follows:

horde_biome_factor = horde_biome_multiplier + horde_biome_curve_scale^(biome_difficulty - 4)

A larger horde_biome_factor calculation means more hordes in a specific biome, based off that biome's difficulty.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

7 hours ago, Agame said:

More questions sorry :D

I have been increasing numbers in the settings file to get more hordes and I went out to the snow zone, and I found even small towns filled with hundreds of zombies, trying to go into a POI I would be drowning in a sea of Zs, even POIs in the wilderness I was quite quickly getting large groups moving in on me. This is compared to the forest biome where I am maybe seeing a group of a dozen once a day. Its pretty wild the difference between forest and snow. And it could be my imagination but the snow hordes seemed way more aggressive, I see them way in the distance standing around and then even if I just sit there they slowly begin to move towards me.

So these settings clearly have a HUGE impact on horde numbers: <horde_biome_multiplier> <horde_biome_curve_scale>

Just curious how they work, are they a multiplier that is also multiplied by biome skull count? And if I wanted to 'flatten' hordes out across all the biomes ie same number and size of hordes would I set them to zero? Or is the games biome difficulty a hardcoded boost to the hordes? My goal is to get bigger hordes in the pine forest... without making my computer catch on fire and explode if I go to the wasteland...

The biome multiplier is the setting you are looking to adjust for baseline levels. The curve scale is exponential and increases the number of hordes in harder biomes by a lot, so you would want this number to be exactly 1.0 (to flatten).