Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Venturai

Venturai

On 7/12/2023 at 11:41 PM, FilUnderscore said:

Are you running the "improvedhordes flush" command when tweaking the density and populator settings? It resets all the hordes and applies the new settings instantly, otherwise you'll have to wait for the next re-population event to take place (by default 7 days in the wild and POI zones).

Lowering the populator sparsity values from "32" to "16", for example, will spawn 2x more hordes in the wild. Consider also increasing the horde_biome_multiplier and density_per_km_squared settings if you want more hordes in every biome throughout the world, but be warned the number of hordes will quickly increase after resetting the hordes with the command.

Screamers don't spawn hordes anymore but rather notify any hordes within a couple hundred meters distance of your location (you can adjust this through the event_interest_distance_multiplier setting to increase/decrease this distance). When coupled with the modifications above, it will be truly menacing I can assure you. When you finally figure out how each setting impacts the roaming horde spawns in the world, you can achieve a lot more than in the A20 version.

I've kept the settings relatively easier for the default version of the mod, however when the add-ons release later this week, you can expect similar experiences as I've described above.

Quick question, but if you make those changes outside of the game and then fire your world up, do they not take effect straight away or do you still have to enter that flush command?

Either way, as soon as that addon you're talking about drops, that sucker is getting installed.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with some of Wyrm's settings, because even with the mod installed but no changes made, there are times it feels like a ghost town.

Venturai

Venturai

Are you running the "improvedhordes flush" command when tweaking the density and populator settings? It resets all the hordes and applies the new settings instantly, otherwise you'll have to wait for the next re-population event to take place (by default 7 days in the wild and POI zones).

Lowering the populator sparsity values from "32" to "16", for example, will spawn 2x more hordes in the wild. Consider also increasing the horde_biome_multiplier and density_per_km_squared settings if you want more hordes in every biome throughout the world, but be warned the number of hordes will quickly increase after resetting the hordes with the command.

Screamers don't spawn hordes anymore but rather notify any hordes within a couple hundred meters distance of your location (you can adjust this through the event_interest_distance_multiplier setting to increase/decrease this distance). When coupled with the modifications above, it will be truly menacing I can assure you. When you finally figure out how each setting impacts the roaming horde spawns in the world, you can achieve a lot more than in the A20 version.

I've kept the settings relatively easier for the default version of the mod, however when the add-ons release later this week, you can expect similar experiences as I've described above.

Quick question, but if you make those changes outside of the game and then fire your world up, do they not take effect straight away or do you still have to enter that flush command?

Either way, as soon as that addon you're talking about drops, that sucker is getting installed.

In the meantime, I'm going to go with some of Wyrm's settings, because even with the mod installed but no changes made, it can often feel like a ghost town.

Venturai

Venturai

In the meantime, I'm going to go with some of Wyrm's settings.