Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

23 minutes ago, Cypherdiaz said:

Also running dangerous cities.

Would love to know if there's a mod incompatibility issue here before loading up thr newest version of improved hordes.

(To me, the dangerous cities is a simplistic approach to the issue so I wouldn't mind loosing it in favor of improved hordes)

Shouldn't be any incompatibility, the mod uses a custom spawning system and just tells the game "put a zombie here". You may find cities more overwhelming with dangerous cities on top of Improved Hordes in terms of zombie count, since my understanding is that the mod boosts the game's town spawns by altering the vanilla spawn system.

Compared to the A20 version, Improved Hordes no longer alters wandering hordes and instead adds in a new roaming horde system that simulates hordes not nearby and spawns them in when you're close. This approach allows you to encounter wandering hordes much more frequently if you're moving around the map, otherwise you'll have to wait for a horde to stumble upon you (unless you get a vanilla wandering horde which is just spawned in at random intervals). I hope to expand this system in the future to introduce more custom hordes into the world that can maybe do more than just wander around.

I am looking at ways to increase the chance of having hordes come at you through some kind of heat system where hordes can identify paths that have not been visited as frequently, so as to not overwhelm players by having hordes feel like they're locking onto you for no reason. Another way this can also be achieved is by slightly randomizing each horde's pathfinding so that they may run into you by chance more frequently.

During my tests I have found that as the horde simulation progresses, there are some patches throughout the map that naturally never get hordes unless by random chance or player intervention, while other spots on the map get lots of hordes. I'm looking to minimize this.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

22 minutes ago, Cypherdiaz said:

Would love to know if there's a mod incompatibility issue here before loading up thr newest version of improved hordes.

(To me, the dangerous cities is a simplistic approach to the issue so I wouldn't mind loosing it in favor of improved hordes)

Shouldn't be any incompatibility, the mod uses a custom spawning system and just tells the game "put a zombie here". You may find cities more overwhelming with dangerous cities on top of Improved Hordes in terms of zombie count, since my understanding is that the mod boosts the game's town spawns by altering the vanilla spawn system.

Compared to the A20 version, Improved Hordes no longer alters wandering hordes and instead adds in a new roaming horde system that simulates hordes not nearby and spawns them in when you're close. This approach allows you to encounter wandering hordes much more frequently if you're moving around the map, otherwise you'll have to wait for a horde to stumble upon you (unless you get a vanilla wandering horde which is just spawned in at random intervals). I hope to expand this system in the future to introduce more custom hordes into the world that can maybe do more than just wander around.

I am looking at ways to increase the chance of having hordes come at you through some kind of heat system where hordes can identify paths that have not been visited as frequently, so as to not overwhelm players by having hordes feel like they're locking onto you for no reason. Another way this can also be achieved is by slightly randomizing each horde's pathfinding so that they may run into you by chance more frequently.

During my tests I have found that as the horde simulation progresses, there are some patches throughout the map that naturally never get hordes unless by random chance or player intervention, and I'm looking to minimize this.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

20 minutes ago, Cypherdiaz said:

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

19 minutes ago, Cypherdiaz said:

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

10 minutes ago, Cypherdiaz said:

Shouldn't be any incompatibility, the mod uses a custom spawning system and just tells the game "put a zombie here". You may find cities more overwhelming with dangerous cities on top of Improved Hordes in terms of zombie count, since my understanding is that the mod boosts the game's town spawns.