Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

10 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

No heat generated. 

Just was happening... 

We only have one camp fire. 

But was happening in the town and at our base. 

Also the stuttering wasn't happening with the other update. 

Just the latest one. 

Thanks for the update, I'll be releasing a new one in a short while that switches from a task-based system to one that uses 3 dedicated threads. I'm hoping it will be a lot more consistent performance-wise.

1 hour ago, Agame said:

I have finally spotted a few hordes while roaming around and as someone else was saying they seem to ignore me which is strange, riding around them and even through the group they keep marching somewhere and do not attack.

Looking into this. They should get your attention if you make some sound, but I need to get their sight working properly.

10 hours ago, MrGrim said:

Some friends and I have been using this mod on a private server for a few days now, and overall we're having a great time with it. The world feels much more alive and dangerous now. It's especially great when out and about in the world. Cities are dangerous, the wilderness feels properly infested, and it's a great time. The one issue everyone on the server is having, however, is the hordes are _relentless_ when working at your base. Each person ends up spending 90% of their time at base fighting them off. It's become a losing war of attrition as nobody is able to mine resources and repair fast enough to keep up.

I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to tune settings to maintain that sense of danger when exploring and looting while allowing players at their bases some relief. If it matters, a lot of player bases are in converted POI locations.

One thing that might come into play is that we have feral sense on during the day. We do this because vanilla zombies are so passive that to get any action at all you need it on. We've become so accustomed to it that it almost feels like cheating to turn it off, but perhaps with this mod we should?

Are your POI locations near towns? That could be part of the issue.

Are you finding these hordes coming from a common direction, perhaps from another town somewhere in the distance? Still looking at the option of slightly randomizing their pathing so they don't go directly from point A to point B. AI could be much more improved however recently I had been fixing bugs, so I hope to get back to it soon.

You could in the meantime increase the zone repopulation days setting to a higher number which will prevent hordes from respawning in towns just a bit longer.

Just to confirm, you're also using the latest version?

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

No heat generated. 

Just was happening... 

Just the latest one. 

Thanks for the update, I'll be releasing a new one in a short while that switches from a task-based system to one that uses 3 dedicated threads. I'm hoping it will be a lot more consistent performance-wise.

1 hour ago, Agame said:

I have finally spotted a few hordes while roaming around and as someone else was saying they seem to ignore me which is strange, riding around them and even through the group they keep marching somewhere and do not attack.

Looking into this. They should get your attention if you make some sound, but I need to get their sight working properly.

Some friends and I have been using this mod on a private server for a few days now, and overall we're having a great time with it. The world feels much more alive and dangerous now. It's especially great when out and about in the world. Cities are dangerous, the wilderness feels properly infested, and it's a great time. The one issue everyone on the server is having, however, is the hordes are _relentless_ when working at your base. Each person ends up spending 90% of their time at base fighting them off. It's become a losing war of attrition as nobody is able to mine resources and repair fast enough to keep up.

I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to tune settings to maintain that sense of danger when exploring and looting while allowing players at their bases some relief. If it matters, a lot of player bases are in converted POI locations.

One thing that might come into play is that we have feral sense on during the day. We do this because vanilla zombies are so passive that to get any action at all you need it on. We've become so accustomed to it that it almost feels like cheating to turn it off, but perhaps with this mod we should?

Are you finding these hordes coming from a common direction, perhaps from another town somewhere in the distance? Still looking at the option of slightly randomizing their pathing so they don't go directly from point A to point B. AI could be much more improved however recently I had been fixing bugs, so I hope to get back to it soon.

You could in the meantime increase the zone repopulation days setting to a higher number which will prevent hordes from respawning in towns just a bit longer.

You're also using the latest version?

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

No heat generated. 

Just was happening... 

Just the latest one. 

1 hour ago, Agame said:

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

No heat generated. 

Just was happening... 

Just the latest one. 

1 hour ago, Agame said: