Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

IMPROVED HORDES 2.0.0-alpha.6 for A21 EXP b317 released.

This is an experimental release of Improved Hordes. If you encounter any bugs/performance issues regarding the mod, report them in the Issues section of the repository with the experimental label.

Download: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ImprovedHordes/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha.6/ImprovedHordes-Experimental.zip

Changelog

Added

• Feral sense support
    • If you enable feral sense options for your game, hordes will be able to sense you up to a slightly greater distance.

Changed

• Reworked zone horde spawning
    • Improved the POI zoning algorithm to more accurately determine towns and cities through proper POI clustering.
    • Also tweaked some parameters to spawn hordes better depending on zone size and POI count.
  • Multi-threading changes
    • Slightly tweaked how data between threads is shared.
  • Increased event_interest_distance_multiplier from 0.25 to 0.5.
    • This is also in part to fix hordes not being interested in nearby activities.
    • Additionally, increased the weight of heatmap activities which should make hordes interested much more quickly.
  • Increased max_world_density from 200.0 to 350.0.
    • This is mainly so that wilderness hordes can properly populate throughout the world. City hordes are much bigger than wilderness hordes, but there are less of them.
    • Depending on your world size, you may choose to increase/decrease this number.
  • Reduced roaming horde speeds to be more inline with the game's entity walk speeds.
  • Increased wilderness wandering horde sleep chance from 0.3 to 0.7.
  • Increased zone wandering horde sleep chance from 0.3 to 0.5.
  • Renamed horde_biome_sparsity_multiplier to horde_biome_multiplier.
    • Increasing this number will increase the number of hordes populated throughout the world (in zones/wilderness).
    • Reducing it does the opposite effect.
  • Hordes will now wander around areas of interest for sometime depending on the amount of interest accumulated.

Fixed

• Biome-specific horde population rules not being applied to unloaded chunks.
  • Horde AI interrupt commands not being properly processed.
    • Hordes should now be better attracted to nearby heatmap activities.
  • NullPointerException when attempting to fetch previous heatmap event data in chunks.
  • Screamers not being able to merge with wandering hordes in certain cases.

Known issues

• Horde respawning of same type/number of entities inconsistent.
  • Entities sometimes frozen in place when sleeping, or the game AI lags behind if there are too many entities spawned.
22 hours ago, m4ntic0r said:

This does not change the stutter.

I tried 1, 2 or 8

I dont see any % more cpu load with the mod. only the stutter. fps are ok, the dont drop.

I dont have a "weak" system, 5600x, rtx 3090

With mod every second there is a short stutter, not every 2-3sec, this was wrong.

Without loading the mod no problem, tried it again.

New update I've tweaked some things to try and reduce this stutter, let me know if it works.

8 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

What's up with the zombie wandering hordes just booking it and not coming to you even with feral sense? lol

Been fixed in the latest release.

6 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Your upcoming changes have me super excited. I can't wait for your full-scale dynamic traveling horde system.

This has already been running since the first update, but with the bugged POI detection hasn't really been that noticeable. City hordes should be more balanced now, might need to do a bit of tweaking still but it should be much better now. There are still some things I'd like to add in like horde decay in different biomes so hordes don't get out of hand (size-wise) when moving between them.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

This is an experimental release of Improved Hordes. If you encounter any bugs/performance issues regarding the mod, report them in the Issues section of the repository with the experimental label.

Download: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ImprovedHordes/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha.6/ImprovedHordes-Experimental.zip

Changelog

Added

• Feral sense support
    • If you enable feral sense options for your game, hordes will be able to sense you up to a slightly greater distance.

Changed

• Improved the POI zoning algorithm to more accurately determine towns and cities through proper POI clustering.
    • Also tweaked some parameters to spawn hordes better depending on zone size and POI count.
    • Additionally, increased the weight of heatmap activities which should make hordes interested much more quickly.
    • This is mainly so that wilderness hordes can properly populate throughout the world. City hordes are much bigger than wilderness hordes, but there are less of them.
    • Depending on your world size, you may choose to increase/decrease this number.
  • Reduced roaming horde speeds to be more inline with the game's entity walk speeds.
    • Increasing this number will increase the number of hordes populated throughout the world (in zones/wilderness).
  • Hordes will now wander around areas of interest for sometime depending on the amount of interest accumulated.

Fixed

• NullPointerException when attempting to fetch previous heatmap event data in chunks.
  • Screamers not being able to merge with wandering hordes in certain cases.

Known issues

• Entities sometimes frozen in place when sleeping, or the game AI lags behind if there are too many entities spawned.
22 hours ago, m4ntic0r said:

I tried 1, 2 or 8

I dont see any % more cpu load with the mod. only the stutter. fps are ok, the dont drop.

With mod every second there is a short stutter, not every 2-3sec, this was wrong.

New update I've tweaked some things to try and reduce this stutter, let me know if it works.

8 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

What's up with the zombie wandering hordes just booking it and not coming to you even with feral sense? lol

6 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Your upcoming changes have me super excited. I can't wait for your full-scale dynamic traveling horde system.

This has already been running since the first update, but with the bugged POI detection hasn't really been that noticeable. City hordes should be more balanced now, might need to do a bit of tweaking still but it should be much better now. There are still some things I'd like to add in like horde decay in different biomes so hordes don't get out of hand (size-wise) when moving between them.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

Changelog

Added

• Feral sense support

Changed

Fixed

Known issues

21 hours ago, m4ntic0r said:

I tried 1, 2 or 8

7 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

5 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

Changelog

Added

• Feral sense support

Changed

Fixed

Known issues

I tried 1, 2 or 8

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

Changelog

Added

• Feral sense support

Changed

Fixed

Known issues

I tried 1, 2 or 8

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

Changelog

Added

• Feral sense support

Changed

Fixed

Known issues

I tried 1, 2 or 8