Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

On 6/26/2023 at 2:32 AM, Cypherdiaz said:

As for others reports of the horde just doing their thing, one thing I noticed in version4 (we haven't added version 5 yet) was similar. Our base turrets would rip into them but never caused them to target thr base. Like they'd run by and as long as they didn't spot a player. They'd keep going (which I'm totally fine with) but if they ran near my base, it would light them up and they wouldn't react to suddenly multiple mp5 and shotgun turrets engaging them. Always found it weird. 

22 hours ago, Picklefart said:

It seems random that the zombies will react to gunfire or proximity. Though it happens outside of the wandering hordes. I had it happen with a cop car alarm as well. The zombies that spawned from the car alarm going off did not seem to 100% react to me some would and some wouldn't.

Looked into it, seems to have been a bug regarding how the AI processes interruptions and was slightly affected by the event distance nerf as well. They seem to be reacting much better in the dev build for next release.

Update on the POI: I've tweaked and improved the detection algorithm, for comparison here is what we had so far (10k pregen map for reference):

oldpoiref.thumb.PNG.3327732154655c76b07966b4bfaaf82b.PNG

vs what's coming:

newpoireference.thumb.PNG.0815c12b3fc3e2f384d29182a1524038.PNG

The yellow squares are individual POIs, I've managed to get up to separating the city POIs from rural/wilderness POIs, and now that's left to do is correctly group the squares to form bigger simpler squares that represent town/city zones.

EDIT: Further update, here's the grouped city zones from the above picture:update.thumb.PNG.dd2dd8cefa59d5fa3c99ece52894cde8.PNG

These zone outlines will allow the spawning system to deduce the density of these zones by knowing the size and number of POIs within these zones. Still need to test that it works properly in other RWG maps, then I can begin to tweak the spawns within the zones.

Compared to the first picture (2.0.0-alpha.5), the picture above is what it should look like.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

On 6/26/2023 at 2:32 AM, Cypherdiaz said:

As for others reports of the horde just doing their thing, one thing I noticed in version4 (we haven't added version 5 yet) was similar. Our base turrets would rip into them but never caused them to target thr base. Like they'd run by and as long as they didn't spot a player. They'd keep going (which I'm totally fine with) but if they ran near my base, it would light them up and they wouldn't react to suddenly multiple mp5 and shotgun turrets engaging them. Always found it weird. 

It seems random that the zombies will react to gunfire or proximity. Though it happens outside of the wandering hordes. I had it happen with a cop car alarm as well. The zombies that spawned from the car alarm going off did not seem to 100% react to me some would and some wouldn't.

Looked into it, seems to have been a bug regarding how the AI processes interruptions and was slightly affected by the event distance nerf as well. They seem to be reacting much better in the dev build for next release.

Update on the POI: I've tweaked and improved the detection algorithm, for comparison here is what we had so far (10k pregen map for reference):

vs what's coming:

The yellow squares are individual POIs, I've managed to get up to separating the city POIs from rural/wilderness POIs, and now that's left to do is correctly group the squares to form bigger simpler squares that represent town/city zones.

EDIT: Further update, here's the grouped city zones from the above picture:update.thumb.PNG.dd2dd8cefa59d5fa3c99ece52894cde8.PNG

These zone outlines will allow the spawning system to deduce the density of these zones by knowing the size and number of POIs within these zones. Still need to test that it works properly in other RWG maps, then I can begin to tweak the spawns within the zones.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

23 hours ago, Cypherdiaz said:

vs what's coming: