Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

IMPROVED HORDES 2.0.0-alpha.5 for A21 EXP b317 released.

This is an experimental release of Improved Hordes. If you encounter any bugs/performance issues regarding the mod, report them in the Issues section of the repository with the experimental label.

Download: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ImprovedHordes/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha.5/ImprovedHordes-Experimental.zip

Changelog

Added

• More settings
    • horde_biome_sparsity_multiplier controls the sparsity of wilderness hordes in biomes. A lower number means less sparsity between hordes (more hordes in an area). This is divided by the biome difficulty as defined in the game's biomes.xml file.
    • event_chunk_radius controls the influence events have over nearby chunks (i.e. spreading shared interest within a few chunks).
    • event_interest_distance_multiplier controls the distance at which an event is reported at depending on the current area interest. The default distance is based on map size (e.g. 6144x6144 has a max distance of 400, applying the multiplier of 0.25 means a max distance of 100).

Changed

• Lowered event_interest_distance_multiplier from 1.0 to 0.25. Events are now reported at a distance of 4x less, so less hordes should be attracted to you in large areas.
  • Lowered the max_world_density from 500.0 to 200.0.
  • Less hordes should now populate world zones and the wilderness due to the above changes.

Known issues

• Horde respawning of same type/number of entities inconsistent.
  • Entities sometimes frozen in place when sleeping, or the game AI lags behind if there are too many entities spawned.
3 hours ago, Venturai said:

Oh my. Installed this on the server I've got going with a couple friends on the morning of day 7, and come 10pm we ended up with hundreds of zombies. Brought my decent rig with a 3080 to its knees, ended up CTD.

Was a great mod up until then, the wandering hordes were terrific, but come horde night... something very broken with this one. Blood moon count set to 64, no other mods installed.

The mod does follow the max number of zombies that the game allows to be spawned, so I'm not sure what could have caused hundreds of zombies to spawn. You were using the previous version (2.0.0-alpha.4)?

1 hour ago, Cypherdiaz said:

My pleasure.

So the targeting of all these hordes were cause we were making heat? Ok that sounds fair.

My question is then...how far are we drawing them from?

We were in Desert Biome, edge of city (not the downtown area). It was just horde after horde after horde.

If they all happen to be in the wider area and its our heat thats pulling them...from..how far?

It felt like we pulled them from all over the city, based on what youre saying.

I looked through your settings but didnt change anything, were would one dictate how many active hordes are present at any given time?

Hoping that wasnt the 500 number i saw, cause that might explain it since while we are on a server, its only 8 people and we base and run missions together.

The hordes we saw were all 5-25ish, not sure if thats useful info or not but they were not small.

Based on another thing you said, the # of hordes per biome, where would one alter that?

Im all for tuning.

New update (2.0.0-alpha.5) has been pushed that adds a setting for the biome spawns as a multiplier (lower = more hordes, higher = less). I've nerfed the heat distance for now and added a multiplier for that should you want to further nerf or buff the changes. Also nerfed the number of hordes in the world quite hard this time.

As for number of zombies in the hordes, this is based on game stage (and a bit on the horde density), but do remember that a new change in A21 is that game stage now scales with your biome (and this is very true for snow/desert/wasteland). This will in turn reflect on the hordes you get with the mod. The goal is to have pine forest's be easy and wasteland be hard, though being near a city will guarantee you more horde encounters, I don't want it to be feeling anywhere near horde night.

I would much prefer I get complaints about not enough hordes than too many hordes, haha.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

IMPROVED HORDES 2.0.0-alpha.5 for A21 EXP b317 released.

This is an experimental release of Improved Hordes. If you encounter any bugs/performance issues regarding the mod, report them in the Issues section of the repository with the experimental label.

Download: https://github.com/FilUnderscore/ImprovedHordes/releases/download/2.0.0-alpha.5/ImprovedHordes-Experimental.zip

Changelog

Added

• More settings
    • horde_biome_sparsity_multiplier controls the sparsity of wilderness hordes in biomes. A lower number means less sparsity between hordes (more hordes in an area). This is divided by the biome difficulty as defined in the game's biomes.xml file.
    • event_chunk_radius controls the influence events have over nearby chunks (i.e. spreading shared interest within a few chunks).
    • event_interest_distance_multiplier controls the distance at which an event is reported at depending on the current area interest. The default distance is based on map size (e.g. 6144x6144 has a max distance of 400, applying the multiplier of 0.25 means a max distance of 100).

Changed

• Lowered event_interest_distance_multiplier from 1.0 to 0.25. Events are now reported at a distance of 4x less, so less hordes should be attracted to you in large areas.
  • Lowered the max_world_density from 500.0 to 200.0.
  • Less hordes should now populate world zones and the wilderness due to the above changes.

Known issues

• Horde respawning of same type/number of entities inconsistent.
  • Entities sometimes frozen in place when sleeping, or the game AI lags behind if there are too many entities spawned.
3 hours ago, Venturai said:

Oh my. Installed this on the server I've got going with a couple friends on the morning of day 7, and come 10pm we ended up with hundreds of zombies. Brought my decent rig with a 3080 to its knees, ended up CTD.

Was a great mod up until then, the wandering hordes were terrific, but come horde night... something very broken with this one. Blood moon count set to 64, no other mods installed.

The mod does follow the max number of zombies that the game allows to be spawned, so I'm not sure what could have caused hundreds of zombies to spawn. You were using the previous version (2.0.0-alpha.4)?

1 hour ago, Cypherdiaz said:

My pleasure.

So the targeting of all these hordes were cause we were making heat? Ok that sounds fair.

My question is then...how far are we drawing them from?

We were in Desert Biome, edge of city (not the downtown area). It was just horde after horde after horde.

If they all happen to be in the wider area and its our heat thats pulling them...from..how far?

It felt like we pulled them from all over the city, based on what youre saying.

I looked through your settings but didnt change anything, were would one dictate how many active hordes are present at any given time?

Hoping that wasnt the 500 number i saw, cause that might explain it since while we are on a server, its only 8 people and we base and run missions together.

The hordes we saw were all 5-25ish, not sure if thats useful info or not but they were not small.

Based on another thing you said, the # of hordes per biome, where would one alter that?

Im all for tuning.

New update (2.0.0-alpha.5) has been pushed that adds a setting for the biome spawns as a multiplier (lower = more hordes, higher = less). I've nerfed the heat distance for now and added a multiplier for that should you want to further nerf or buff the changes.

As for number of zombies in the hordes, this is based on game stage (and a bit on the horde density), but do remember that a new change in A21 is that game stage now scales with your biome (and this is very true for snow/desert/wasteland). This will in turn reflect on the hordes you get with the mod. The goal is to have pine forest's be easy and wasteland be hard, though being near a city will guarantee you more horde encounters, I don't want it to be feeling anywhere near horde night.

I would much prefer I get complaints about not enough hordes than too many hordes, haha.