Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

13 hours ago, Cypherdiaz said:

Trying out the newest version; 4.

CONCEPT: A+ 

INDIVIDUAL HORDES: A+

ENDLESS HORDES:????

So in short, love the mod, love the idea of the mod. 

The individual hordes are great.

The frequency...is problematic.

My group just got hit with what I call an ENDLESS Horde. In truth it was 8 hordes on the edge of a city, just at 23:00. 8 Hordes, back to back.
Over 200 shells spent by our shotgunner, our M60 guy dropped about 3-4 belts. I went through 8 first aid bandages and 4 first aids (im group doc btw), and our archer dropped a bunch. We all gained 2-3 levels, and we are in the 60's range.

Now mind you, right before this, we had just dealt with 4 back to back hordes. 

When we finally dealt with the 4, we had about 30seconds-1minute before the next horde was on us and then we could see 2more hordes heading our way before the first one was done; and then 3 more heading our way, etc.

We ended up logging, stopping the server, and removed the mod temporarily.

Again, I love it and its awesome, but horde after horde after horde. This was during day and night.

At day, in our base emptied about 4 stacks of shotgun shells and about 5 stacks of 9mm.

Requests:

• Add some reasonable delay
  • Make it so that multiple hordes dont target in on you like someone just told the USA that you have oil in your back pocket.

Thanks for the feedback.

It would be difficult to implement a delay as hordes are now roaming (no longer spawned randomly like in the past), so after they spawn the AI decides which cities to go to (each horde has a different AI controller). What might be beneficial is tweaking horde populations depending on the biome, such that the forest has fewer roaming hordes and the wasteland has more. I'm currently working on this, so any towns or the wilderness in the forest will have fewer and smaller hordes which should align more with the linear progression of difficulty.

Horde targeting happens if you're generating lots of heat by making loud sounds (with guns) or a screamer screams. I've lowered the cool-down on this in the past and it seems better, but again the problem might be too many hordes present in easy biomes.

I may look to introducing a initial world population delay of hordes when starting a game for the first time, to try and balance out hordes in the early game.

FilUnderscore

FilUnderscore

11 hours ago, Cypherdiaz said:

Trying out the newest version; 4.

CONCEPT: A+ 

INDIVIDUAL HORDES: A+

ENDLESS HORDES:????

So in short, love the mod, love the idea of the mod. 

The individual hordes are great.

The frequency...is problematic.

My group just got hit with what I call an ENDLESS Horde. In truth it was 8 hordes on the edge of a city, just at 23:00. 8 Hordes, back to back.
Over 200 shells spent by our shotgunner, our M60 guy dropped about 3-4 belts. I went through 8 first aid bandages and 4 first aids (im group doc btw), and our archer dropped a bunch. We all gained 2-3 levels, and we are in the 60's range.

Now mind you, right before this, we had just dealt with 4 back to back hordes. 

When we finally dealt with the 4, we had about 30seconds-1minute before the next horde was on us and then we could see 2more hordes heading our way before the first one was done; and then 3 more heading our way, etc.

We ended up logging, stopping the server, and removed the mod temporarily.

Again, I love it and its awesome, but horde after horde after horde. This was during day and night.

At day, in our base emptied about 4 stacks of shotgun shells and about 5 stacks of 9mm.

Requests:

• Add some reasonable delay
  • Make it so that multiple hordes dont target in on you like someone just told the USA that you have oil in your back pocket.

Thanks for the feedback.

It would be difficult to implement a delay as hordes are now roaming (no longer spawned randomly like in the past), so after they spawn the AI decides which cities to go to (each horde has a different AI controller). What might be beneficial is tweaking horde populations depending on the biome, such that the forest has fewer roaming hordes and the wasteland has more. I'm currently working on this, so any towns or the wilderness in the forest will have the fewer and smaller hordes which should align more with the linear progression of difficulty.

Horde targeting happens if you're generating lots of heat by making loud sounds (with guns) or a screamer screams. I've lowered the cool-down on this in the past and it seems better, but again the problem might be too many hordes present in easy biomes.

I may look to introducing a initial world population delay of hordes when starting a game for the first time, to try and balance out hordes in the early game.