Can Crosshair be changed & is there a mod for this?

lordderryth

Hey Folks!  Having a little discussion in discord regarding crosshair, an age-old topic and no fix in sight.  I'm being told that 7d2d is not an FPS game.  This is far from the truth.  7d2d is a First Person Shooter Survival Horror game.  Rule of thumb when it comes to FPS games is that the crosshair must be small if using a cross or X crosshair.  The only time you see spread is during aiming.  Let me explain for those that don't know about shooters.  There is no accuracy when shooting without down sight.  Spread is not needed.  When aiming down, you'll notice a spread around your crosshair or, your crosshair has a dot in the middle and the actual cross hair spreads.  

TFP got it all wrong and broke the FPS code.  Never and I mean never use a large crosshair.  Always give the player the ability to adjust or remove the crosshair but never allow to remove the dot in the center.  It's been the ancient ways of FPS games.  In 7d2d, you are stuck with a HUGE X in the middle of your screen with no option to change or remove.  Here is what I'm asking.

Is there a mod or code in xml that allows youto change crosshair to only a DOT?  I honestly don't care for spread.  I use my guns scope to aim, and my accuracy would be much better without the HUGE crosshair.  Going on day 3 with no fix in sight.  :(