Improvement to Gun Part Looting and Gun Assembly

zekeen

As it stands, we find more gun parts than guns. I, personally, love it since it makes guns more important and interesting to get the parts for molds and such. I've seen people say it's odd to only find gun parts so often, instead of guns. Here is a take on finding gun parts instead of guns that makes more sense and can actually expand the gun looting system. Instead of finding pieces of a gun, have it so we can find entire [B]"broken" [/B]guns. These guns are looted whole and can be broken into a random amount of usable parts, based on the type of "broken" the gun is. A "Scrapped" SMG will have a very low chance of any parts, but a "Jammed" SMG has a much higher chance for usable parts. The big part of this to make it appear more feasible is that any part that is not obtained gives some scrap resource instead. So, if you don't get a barrel from a broken pistol, you may get 1-3 pieces of Scrap Metal from it. In essence, have these broken guns act as a sort of lootable chest. When you use them, you get whatever "loot" they randomly contain, be it a lot of usable parts or a heap of scrap metal. In essence of the coding involved, it's just like drinking from a water bottle but with a random element added in. [B]IE - use Broken Gun, get 10% chance barrel - 90% chance 1-3 scrap metal, 10% chance receiver - 90% chance 1-3 scrap metal, 10% chance stock - 90% chance 1-3 planks, ect.[/B] Different grade of destruction is different percentage amount. In addition to this approach, a further advancement to the gun looting system is to give all of these parts a durability, based on the gun. When assembled, have the durability of all the parts averaged together to give the initial durability of the gun. Makes little sense that a bunch of scavenged parts make a pristine gun.

I love this idea. Like you, I actually like finding parts. I kinda like that half because then you can stack guns, but it's also enjoyable having to go looking. This, though, makes it fun. Gives it some spontaneity. [QUOTE=zekeen;124776]In addition to this approach, a further advancement to the gun looting system is to give all of these parts a durability, based on the gun. When assembled, have the durability of all the parts averaged together to give the initial durability of the gun. Makes little sense that a bunch of scavenged parts make a pristine gun.[/QUOTE] I think they should take it one step at a time, but yes, that'd be ideal.

[QUOTE=zekeen;124776]As it stands, we find more gun parts than guns. I, personally, love it since it makes guns more important and interesting to get the parts for molds and such. I've seen people say it's odd to only find gun parts so often, instead of guns. Here is a take on finding gun parts instead of guns that makes more sense and can actually expand the gun looting system. Instead of finding pieces of a gun, have it so we can find entire [B]"broken" [/B]guns. These guns are looted whole and can be broken into a random amount of usable parts, based on the type of "broken" the gun is. A "Scrapped" SMG will have a very low chance of any parts, but a "Jammed" SMG has a much higher chance for usable parts. The big part of this to make it appear more feasible is that any part that is not obtained gives some scrap resource instead. So, if you don't get a barrel from a broken pistol, you may get 1-3 pieces of Scrap Metal from it. In essence, have these broken guns act as a sort of lootable chest. When you use them, you get whatever "loot" they randomly contain, be it a lot of usable parts or a heap of scrap metal. In essence of the coding involved, it's just like drinking from a water bottle but with a random element added in. [B]IE - use Broken Gun, get 10% chance barrel - 90% chance 1-3 scrap metal, 10% chance receiver - 90% chance 1-3 scrap metal, 10% chance stock - 90% chance 1-3 planks, ect.[/B] Different grade of destruction is different percentage amount. In addition to this approach, a further advancement to the gun looting system is to give all of these parts a durability, based on the gun. When assembled, have the durability of all the parts averaged together to give the initial durability of the gun. Makes little sense that a bunch of scavenged parts make a pristine gun.[/QUOTE] I like this idea. Another thing to add would be that some of these broken guns are repairable. Not all of them. Most would have to be scrapped for parts. However, a few guns that are only jammed or something can be repaired if you use a special unjamming tool to make them work again. Others might just have one part that needs to be replaced, but you must read a skill book to know how to do this. Otherwise, you have to scarp that gun.

Archived