Question about dedicated server backup

rockwood610

Hi everyone.

I am hoping someone can help me out on what files/folders I should be backing up for our dedicated server.

First, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a custom PC running an AMD Threadripper 1950x CPU and a GTX 1080 video card. 4 to 6 of us are playing a private 7 Days game on a dedicated server I set up on my PC. I installed the server through Steam under Library/Tools.

On my system, I have my Steam tools and games set to install on a separate drive from my Windows drive. So Windows is installed on the default drive C, and all my steam library content goes on drive F.

I have successfully backed up the dedicated server files that were located in F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server. I actually deleted the entire folder, and then copied the back up to it and everything loaded in fine.

Is this the only folder/files I need to back up? Are all our individual character files in the server folder as well? Or do we all need to back up our local character files found in the C drive's \AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie folder?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Archived