Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Wrought

Wrought

missing info

I've played several hundred hours of vanilla and I'm jumping into mods for the first time with a hosted server.  Wasteland has been awesome generally but there are a few things that I haven't been able to explain to the other server members. I don't know for sure if they are issues related to the mod, but it was playing the A21 Wasteland mod where the following behavior first appeared:

1. The player will sink down into the ground on a consistent basis while moving around.  This normally wouldn't be a big deal as you just relog and the player populates back above ground.  The problem though is with vehicles.  I was riding my bicycle when I sank into the ground.  When I logged back in, the bicycle was just gone along with all of the valuables I was keeping in the bicycle stash.  Then I realized how awful it would be to lose any of the vehicles this way after putting all the time, effort, and money into repairing them.  Also, if you are keeping any number of items in a vehicle, which obviously is the purpose of having a mobile storage platform, they would be lost as well.  I've warned the server players about this and unfortunately we are walking everywhere now.
  2. The lockpicking mechanic mini-game isn't consistently presented.  One player on the server says he never gets the Fallout version and just has the vanilla timer when he lockpicks.  I've had one instance where I got a timer but normally I get the mini-game.
  3. Zombies frequently run off in the direction away from the player when aggro'd with a ranged sneak attack
  4. Sneak attacks work multiple times in a row if the zombie is far enough away.  I've been able to get 4 or 5 sneak attack bonuses on a zombie that is coming towards me.
  5. Fire from burning buildings doesn't do any damage to players or zombies
  6. The bottle caps quest, when it gets to the "A Valuable Lesson" point, doesn't show where to go on the map or the compass.  Selecting the quest and clicking on the "show on map" map icon results in a message that the selected quest does not have a location to show.  I've since learned that this quest is based off of something in the Fallout series (which I never played) so it could be a successful dev troll, but just wanted to mention it in case it isn't.
  7. Rain doesn't seem to provide water to farm crops

Again, I don't know for sure that the issue is with the mod, or even if it is an issue at all and is as designed, but most of the systems aren't present in vanilla so I thought I would mention them here.  There has been a patch since the mod install but I don't understand the jargon well enough to know if any of the above issues were part of the patch content. We are enjoying Wastelands regardless and thank you for providing it.

Edit:  I forgot to mention that we are on A21.1.1.1 and have not had any console errors popup.  Also, I forgot to mention stun batons do not have the option to modify that would allow repulsors and other weapon mods to be installed on the baton.

Wrought

Wrought

I've played several hundred hours of vanilla and I'm jumping into mods for the first time with a hosted server.  Wasteland has been awesome generally but there are a few things that I haven't been able to explain to the other server members. I don't know for sure if they are issues related to the mod, but it was playing the A21 Wasteland mod where the following behavior first appeared:

1. The player will sink down into the ground on a consistent basis while moving around.  This normally wouldn't be a big deal as you just relog and the player populates back above ground.  The problem though is with vehicles.  I was riding my bicycle when I sank into the ground.  When I logged back in, the bicycle was just gone along with all of the valuables I was keeping in the bicycle stash.  Then I realized how awful it would be to lose any of the vehicles this way after putting all the time, effort, and money into repairing them.  Also, if you are keeping any number of items in a vehicle, which obviously is the purpose of having a mobile storage platform, they would be lost as well.  I've warned the server players about this and unfortunately we are walking everywhere now.
  2. The lockpicking mechanic mini-game isn't consistently presented.  One player on the server says he never gets the Fallout version and just has the vanilla timer when he lockpicks.  I've had one instance where I got a timer but normally I get the mini-game.
  3. Zombies frequently run off in the direction away from the player when aggro'd with a ranged sneak attack
  4. Sneak attacks work multiple times in a row if the zombie is far enough away.  I've been able to get 4 or 5 sneak attack bonuses on a zombie that is coming towards me.
  5. Fire from burning buildings doesn't do any damage to players or zombies
  6. The bottle caps quest, when it gets to the "A Valuable Lesson" point, doesn't show where to go on the map or the compass.  Selecting the quest and clicking on the "show on map" map icon results in a message that the selected quest does not have a location to show.  I've since learned that this quest is based off of something in the Fallout series (which I never played) so it could be a successful dev troll, but just wanted to mention it in case it isn't.
  7. Rain doesn't seem to provide water to farm crops

Again, I don't know for sure that the issue is with the mod, or even if it is an issue at all and is as designed, but most of the systems aren't present in vanilla so I thought I would mention them here.  There has been a patch since the mod install but I don't understand the jargon well enough to know if any of the above issues were part of the patch content. We are enjoying Wastelands regardless and thank you for providing it.