Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Grimlock_Arts

Grimlock_Arts

We did a pretty extensive amount of custom vehicle mod testing last night in VR and I just wanted to let everyone know that approximately 80% worked fantastic. The only issues we ran into on the ones that didn't work well were based on the camera placement, because of where the player model was placed or oriented. Some of the vehicles allowed our entire 5 player group to ride together in VR which was a blast!

We selected 11 to test in VR

Vehicles that were excellent in VR:
MD-500 Helicopter  <--- My personal favorite in VR
UH-60 Helicopter   <--- Our 5 player group had a blast with this one!
Golf Cart   <--- Just looks perfect in VR
Buggy   <--- Looks Awesome

UAZ-452   <--- We loved the interior in VR, all 5 of us fit inside!
Jeeps  <---  Look and feel great to drive in VR
Dirt bike   <--- Lots of fun and maneuverable in VR
Humvee   <--- The one with the open top/back, worked well

A few that didn't work so well:
Sherp - The player model is oriented where you're looking at the ground
Duster - Maybe it's designed this way but left and right are opposite before you take off
Marauder - Unfortunately you are placed right behind the engine which blocks your view in VR

EDIT: A mod that would be huge in 7D2D VR would be one that allows passengers to use their weapons. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Shooting out of the MD-500, or off of the back of the Buggy would be a game changer!

Grimlock_Arts

Grimlock_Arts

We did a pretty extensive amount of custom vehicle mod testing last night in VR and I just wanted to let everyone know that approximately 80% worked fantastic. The only issues we ran into on the ones that didn't work well were based on the camera placement, because of where the player model was placed or oriented. Some of the vehicles allowed our entire 5 player group to ride together in VR which was a blast!

We selected 11 to test in VR

Vehicles that were excellent in VR:
MD-500 Helicopter  <--- My personal favorite in VR
UH-60 Helicopter   <--- Our 5 player group had a blast with this one!
Golf Cart   <--- Just looks perfect in VR
Buggy   <--- Looks Awesome

UAZ-452   <--- We loved the interior in VR, all 5 of us fit inside!
Jeeps  <---  Look and feel great to drive in VR
Dirt bike   <--- Lots of fun and maneuverable in VR
Humvee   <--- The one with the open top/back, worked well

A few that didn't work so well:
Sherp - The player model is oriented where you're looking at the ground
Duster - Maybe it's designed this way but left and right are opposite before you take off
Marauder - Unfortunately you are placed right behind the engine which blocks your view in VR

A mod that would be huge in 7D2D VR would be one that allows passengers to use their weapons. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Shooting out of the MD-500, or off of the back of the Buggy would be a game changer!