• Action class="WaitForDead" and Wait Classes don't function properly.

ZombieINC
    • Version: Alpha 21 b324

Summary: (A short description of the bug)

Game Version: Alpha 21 b324 and Alpha 21.1 b12

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (AMD Ryzen 7 1800x )

System Memory: (16 GB )

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 6 GB )

Screen Resolution: (1920x1080)

Video Settings: (High)

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (Yes)

EAC off

Bug Description:

Action class="WaitForDead" and Wait Classes don't function properly(after about 70 seconds stops working). I created a quest mod(ZombieINC Apocalyptic Jobs) that relies on gameobjectives = "GameEvents". I used a lot Action class="WaitForDead" to check if all the zombies are dead and so progress the Action_sequence and therefore Objectives phases. But after 60 seconds, if the zombies were not killed within 60- 70 seconds, the "WaitForDead" stops working. The same occurs with the others Wait Classes (While and Until). For exemple :

<wait class="Until">
                <property name="phase" value="2" />
                <requirement class="HasBuff">
                    <property name="buff_name" value="ZombieINC_ArrowLandingSuccess" />
                    <property name="target_group" value="party" />                
                </requirement>
            </wait>

If the buff don't occurs within 60 - 70 Seconds, the wait classes stops to recognize the buff. The gameevent get stuck and never progress.

I also notice that this behavior occurs with almost all Gameevents actions for exemple: If <action class="SpawnEntity"> don't find any spot to spawn the zombies within 60 seconds, it stops working and get the whole action_sequence stuck. I guess that is to prevent from multiple actions keeps trying to act and don't succeed forever. But I think that is essential to Wait Functions have more flexiblility. 

My suggestion is : 1. create a property like : phase_on_failed. To ensure that if a <action class> don't execute well, don't get the whole action_sequence stuck

Or

1.create a property like: remove_time_limit and  quest_bound. To remove this time limit that actions has and quest_bound to ensure that after the gameObjective ="GameEvent"  is done, all gameevents actions with quest_bound are removed (So Actions never accumulate)

2. For  <wait classes> and Action class="WaitForDead" create a property like : max_time, to set a max time that this actions can wait.

English is not my main language, sorry for any mistakes or misleadings.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Use Action class="WaitForDead" or <wait classes> to trigger a message in the chat

2)Wait for more than 70 Seconds to complete the requirements

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

GameEvents that was started from gameObjective ="GameEvent" Gets stuck and stops progressing

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Even after 70 seconds, completing the requirements for a certain <wait class> or Action class="WaitForDead"  should proceed the phases.

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.