• Lost trader quest progress

Sefiros

Summary:

Hello

I have experienced a very annoying bug (at least I think it is a bug) but I need to explain everything in order so you would understand. Today after the update I continued my first game on new pregen 6k map. Trader Jane gave me 2nd Opening routes quest (which should unlock tier 3 quests for everyone) and I headed to the trader Hugh which is located in desert biome. When I came and talked to him the console opened itself and I got a null reference error (which I will quote later + add a log), after that I looked on his quests and there was only tier 1 available. I thought that must be a bug with the trader, sadly all other traders has been affected is well, all except Jane for which I was doing the quests since I started the game. Now what is important is the fact, that I was able to choose tier 2 quests from other traders before the update, after update only tier 1 quests are available from other traders. I haven't done any quests for other traders yet to unlock opening routes.

Full Log file: https://pastebin.com/raw/BHJhTEfU

Log error when I talked to a trader Hugh: https://pastebin.com/raw/u0nTFg2s

Game Version: A20 b233 (the issue appeared on A20 with b231 update)

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 8.1 

CPU Model: Intel i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50

System Memory:  8 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVidia Geforce GTX 860M 4GB

Screen Resolution: (width and height) in game 1360 x 768

Video Settings: Low

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? OFF

Bug Description: After completing quest "Opening trader routes", traders quests tier remain on tier 1 except the trader which gave "opening trader routes" quest.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Just play a game?

2)

3)

Actual result: All traders should have a higher tier quests available after completing "Opening trader routes" but only the one who gives this quest have higher tier quests available.

Expected result: ...

I just wanted to add, everything was fine and working for me before b231 update, after it I got this and I'm not the only one who experienced this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is not a bug. Each unique Trader keeps track of their own trader quest tier progression. So if you start at Trader Jen, then go to Trader Hugh, you are starting over with him. After all, you haven't done any quests for him yet.