• Loading game after changing Zombie spawn On/Off

PootSays
    • Version: V1.0 (b333)

Xbox series X console edition.  Created new game with zombie spawn on.  At one point changed the setting to zombie spawn off, it loaded and played fine.  Now, when trying to load the saved game with zombie spawn back on, once loaded in I cannot attack, jump, change weapons, regain stamina, no zombies actually spawn, and friends cannot join game either. 

I can go back to zombie spawn off and it runs fine.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I did not have a drone, but I did feel like the glitch took place around the 40th day mark, I noticed my blood moon was working even with the spawning of zombies off. However, around the 42nd day I noticed I was getting a blood moon anymore

21 minutes ago, Guest CreamSickle said:

I did not have a drone, but I did feel like the glitch took place around the 40th day mark, I noticed my blood moon was working even with the spawning of zombies off. However, around the 42nd day I noticed I was getting a blood moon anymore

That’s when our happened. When we turned Z back on at day 42

8 hours ago, Guest Ps5 player said:

the people who had the glitch, did you also have a drone just before?

No, i did not have any drones.

I did however kill many zombies while they were supposed to be off.

11 hours ago, Guest Ps5 player said:

the people who had the glitch, did you also have a drone just before?

I had just gotten a drone, played a little longer and quit, then when I tried to get back on and turn my enemy spawn back on my issues head started 

7 hours ago, Guest CreamSickle said:

Me too on day 42 

On 7/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, schwanz9000 said:

I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce this.
    Can you help by answering any or all of the following to help us pin point the issue?

Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?

Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?

Any other options modified from default?
    How many days played with zombies OFF before turning zombies ON?
    How many days played with zombies ON before turning zombies OFF and then how many before turning zombies back ON?
    Challenges completed?
    Quests completed?
    Built a base, placed land claim, placed bedroll, or workstations?
    Inventory and/or tool belt full before turning zombies on?
    Wearing X armor?
    Holding X item/tool/weapon?

So I am having the same issue as op with about the same settings. I've played around with this and hit a police car since I know they spawn zombies when I tried to break in. My stamina would go down but I couldn't interact with anything after. Quit to menu and repeated this process until the alarm went off quit to menu and then loaded back in with zombies OFF and left the area and now it is as if the zombies are turned on again like normal, but zombies OFF is now zombies ON and turning the zombies ON at the menu actually brings it back to the state is was in before I hit the police car. I just can't turn zombies OFF now hilariously unless I want the encumbered movement speed a limited world interaction where mining breaks the game. 

8 hours ago, Guest Ps5 said:

Me too on day 42 

10 hours ago, Guest PoutyBatLady said:

I had just gotten a drone, played a little longer and quit, then when I tried to get back on and turn my enemy spawn back on my issues head started 

Exactly same for me 

PS5/ solo play 123 hours

My issue is that I started off with the zombies turned off. 

Blood moon was off. Xp and loot abundance was to the maximum settings. 

Also I have 30 minute days with air drops coming everyday. 

I take my time to get my trader tiers up and to get a base stockpile going and Then when I finally decide to test my base with zombies I am overweight, cannot take damage and no zombies spawn. 

I deactivate the zombies load back into the world I am back to Normal with a zombie spawned.

Maybe you can recreate the issue by starting a game having a day or two  (game days)without zombies activated then place the game in rest mode and turn the game back on. See what happens. I once had a 30 minute crafting Going with my workbench and the next morning in IRL turned on the game everything was completed in the que really weird.

Don’t know if this is useful information, but when I had zombie spawning set to OFF, zombies would still spawn when looting police cars as the sirens would go off and spawn a few attacking zombies. I also found a few wandering zombies in a near by town when I first tuned the setting to OFF. When I turn zombie spawning on I can’t do all of the previously mentioned things like climbing ladders, jumping, I can’t hurt myself on spikes etc…

Just this morning we found a 100% reproduction for this issue and are already testing a potential fix.

Good news is that the fix "should" allow you to continue your save games. Testing underway now to verify.

No patch release date at this time.

3 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Just this morning we found a 100% reproduction for this issue and are already testing a potential fix.

Good news is that the fix "should" allow you to continue your save games. Testing underway now to verify.

Niceee Thank you !!

12 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Awesome!! Thank you to you and the team!! 

On 8/13/2024 at 4:40 PM, schwanz9000 said:

Any news? 🙏

5 hours ago, Uniihorne said:

Any news? 🙏

A hotfix was released yesterday for consoles that addresses this issue, please make sure your game has been updated. It should say "V1.0 b336" on the top right corner when starting the game. 

12 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

A hotfix was released yesterday for consoles that addresses this issue, please make sure your game has been updated. It should say "V1.0 b336" on the top right corner when starting the game. 

Can confirm. Just downloaded the patch and it's working fine now on PS5.

On 8/16/2024 at 3:35 PM, NekoPawtato said:

Thank you so much guys!!!!!

Is anyone else not getting Blood Moons after this fix? I enabled zombies at day 138,.blood moons were set to default at 7 days with 0 range but no blood moon at day 140. I've seen posts on Reddit with the same issue.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.