• Loading game after changing Zombie spawn On/Off

PootSays
    • Version: V1.0 (b333)

Xbox series X console edition.  Created new game with zombie spawn on.  At one point changed the setting to zombie spawn off, it loaded and played fine.  Now, when trying to load the saved game with zombie spawn back on, once loaded in I cannot attack, jump, change weapons, regain stamina, no zombies actually spawn, and friends cannot join game either. 

I can go back to zombie spawn off and it runs fine.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 8/3/2024 at 8:26 PM, Guest Rixas said:

Same issue as others on series x, if you can't reproduce the bug quit running it on pc & do the test on console, this is an old bug that was in earlier versions as well; putting out a new version & charging $ for it with bugs from previous versions is just plain BS FIX THIS @%$#

This has been in previous versions. That makes this so much worse for me as a new player.

Guest Sharkdeath09

Posted

Console Series X

Changed airdrop to 3 days instead of 1 played with this setting and the day setting from 120 to 90 and set all settings back to default and same problem encumbered. 

Saw another person mention they killed a zombie when it was toggled off. I too did this after flipping the zombies on and off repeatedly. The zombies no longer spawn at all unless I destroy a police car. Please fix this I really have been enjoying this game.

Guest ImperialStar006

Posted

Xbox user here, same problem. Shut zombies off on day 32 to be able to finish my base without constantly repairing from zombie attacks, turned zombies back on at day 35 and I can't jump, use weapons or tools, am showing complete encumbrance and no zombies will spawn even though my turrets are shooting at nothing, but expending no ammo. I've spent 72+ hours in game already, they need to patch this ASAP it's frustrating as hell. 

Can we get an official response to this? Surely by now someone is working on this game breaker I have 2 worlds now archived. One with 28hrs played.

Getting fed up of restarting. Series X

Console PS5

Online multiplayer

Started with enemy spawning

Played til day 15

Turned enemy spawning off

Played til day 28

Turned enemy spawning on

Can’t run. Can’t jump. Can’t crouch. Can’t use weapons/tools. 

Can drive Truck. Can open containers/doors.

Friend cannot join. Get’s stuck on loading.

I'm unable to interact with anything at all, I can open my inventory but I'm unable to do anything, I can't use tools in my toolbelt, I can't take damage or run. This only happens when I have zombies turned to on, when I have zombies set to off I'm suddenly able to do everything 

I should mention I'm on console, Xbox series x

Console PS5

Online multiplayer

Started with enemy spawning

Played til day 15

Turned enemy spawning off

Played til day 28

Turned enemy spawning on

Can’t run. Can’t jump. Can’t crouch. Can’t use weapons/tools. 

Can drive Truck. Can open containers/doors.

Friend cannot join. Get’s stuck on loading.

Same problem for me, ps5, evreything unresponsive when turning zombies back on and still no zombies.

Just a thought, even though we turn zombies off, there are still zombies appearing here and there, we kill them, and when we turn zombies back on it breaks the game because we have been killing them when they are set to off?

I am on day 21, and zombies were set to off but i came across 3 lumberjack zombies together and killed them, shortly after i turned zombies back on and now my game is broken.

Guest Harpielady1996

Posted

Been playing fine since relese. Today im trying to load it up black screen doesnt load at all. Re installed it same problem. 

Ive posted a bug report on the forums im 3 games in now and eventually the same issue as all the above. Longest is over 28 hours.

Im done playing til its fixed, if I could id get a refund despite it being game preview there doesnt seem to be alot of answers to why this is happening or how to fix it

This is sad, had such high hopes for this game always trying to convince others it will get better.... after 10 years of waiting stuck with the old gen version that wasn't updated for the last 8 years and two resets that completey erased everything. We are here back at it again with another game breaking bug after a week spent running solo and building up yet another game. I have to say it TFP you guys are @%$#ed up for charging me for another broken version of your game. These bugs are something that should have been patches long ago. I get it your team is small but to charge be again for another broken game after years of going without any updates on the console. This is robbery at its finest, I hope microsoft sees this issue and cuts the digital copy out of the store after this @%$#. It will save both company's from embarrassment. Your better off wasting money on one of those old xbox one simp games like dating simulator and other garbage games.

Happening to myself and a friend on Xbox Series X as well. 

Does anyone know if it will require creating a new world after they patch it or will our current worlds be fixed and playable?

I heard about how people have to create new worlds after game updates but I'm not sure about patches.

So far they haven't even said they could replicate the bug on their machines. Without replication they can't fix the bug and neither can they give any guess whether you need to create new worlds.

I have 93 hours played now on ps5 and this bug happened. If I actually have to start fresh this is unacceptable.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the trader. They doesn't allow any zombies infestation questions while zombies are turned off. However, once you turn them back on you still don't get any of those quest options.

It could be becoming bugged out while the zombies are turned off and you go through a blood moon. 

On 7/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, schwanz9000 said:

I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce this.
    Can you help by answering any or all of the following to help us pin point the issue?

Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?

Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?

Any other options modified from default?
    How many days played with zombies OFF before turning zombies ON?
    How many days played with zombies ON before turning zombies OFF and then how many before turning zombies back ON?
    Challenges completed?
    Quests completed?
    Built a base, placed land claim, placed bedroll, or workstations?
    Inventory and/or tool belt full before turning zombies on?
    Wearing X armor?
    Holding X item/tool/weapon?

Me and my wife were having this issue and tried several different variables, but the one setting that would get the game back to playable was turning zombies spawning back off.  But the weird thing was is it’s not just instant. We’ve been playing since the release. We’d turn zombies off to gather/mine/explore then turn them back on for Blood Moon night.  Then it glitched out like day 41. 

2 minutes ago, Guest CreamSickle said:

If this problem isn't resolved it will be the thing that kills the game off on console.

Absolutely. I haven't been able to play on my 60 hour save because of this, turned the zombs off for 30 minutes to make repairs to base without constant screamers showing up. Don't wanna have to make a new playthrough. 

1 hour ago, Guest CreamSickle said:

If this problem isn't resolved it will be the thing that kills the game off on console.

Agreed, xbox and Playstation users have waited how many years to play the updated version of the game, only for it not to be played properly, i have already stopped playing because it will bug out again  on a new game as well as some people have stated.

Guest YAKUZA FAMILY

Posted

Bonjour 

- PS5 

-BUG AU LV 143.

-Jour 54 

-Zombie désactiver 2 jours de suite dans le jeu avant le bug. 

-Jour en 120 minutes

-LUNE tout les 30 jours. 

-Pas de. Créatif 

-2 joueurs

-Jeu en pause. 

-J'ai tester plein de combinaison de-réglage pour récupérer les zombies. 

-Cache vidé 

-Base de données vérifié 

-Console éteinte et allumer 

-Box internet reboot. 

-TENUE Motard et mod

- Bicyclette, mini-moto et moto sortie. 

Barre outil pleine arme et outil avec mod 

- Le jeu considère notre personnage comme occuper comme si il était bloquer dans un établi. 

-Possible qu'un bouton suicide régle le problème. 

J'ai désactiver les zombies à plusieurs reprises entre le niveau 60 et 145 le bug et apparue au Lv 143, après 2 jours complet de désactiver  des zombies et aussi l'option lune sanglante poussé à 30 jours. 

Juste avant le bug j'ai loot un Drone Lv 5,  je lui est fabriqué et installer dans l'ordre 3 mods, cargo, armure et  soins, ensuite j'ai vu que pour le mod de soin le drone nous soignait si il avait des soins dans son inventaire ce que j'ai fait j'ai mis un stack de chaque item de soins pour chaque blessure, puis j'ai mis le jeu en pause, mis une vidéos YouTube à mon retour le jeu me dit que à cause de la pause prolonger je ne peux plus inviter d'amis donc je redémarre le jeu afin d'invité mon ami. À ce môme t le bug à commencé je réactive les zombie et la je m'aperçois des mêmes bug que les autres, impossible d'inviter mon ami pour lui sa charge indéfiniment. Et en plus le drone. A perdu tout les médicament de son inventaire mais pas l'eau ni la nourriture. J'espère que. P'us trouverez une solution car vous pouvez constaté de  mon avancement et ce sans le mode création. 

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.