• Loading game after changing Zombie spawn On/Off

PootSays
    • Version: V1.0 (b333)

Xbox series X console edition.  Created new game with zombie spawn on.  At one point changed the setting to zombie spawn off, it loaded and played fine.  Now, when trying to load the saved game with zombie spawn back on, once loaded in I cannot attack, jump, change weapons, regain stamina, no zombies actually spawn, and friends cannot join game either. 

I can go back to zombie spawn off and it runs fine.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I’m having this problem too trying to turn enemy spawn on. As soon as I’m in all slots are over encumbered, I can’t use tools or guns. Also no enemies spawn in. As soon as I switch enemy spawn back off everything is fine and back to normal. Any fix found? 

I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce this.
    Can you help by answering any or all of the following to help us pin point the issue?

Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?

Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?

Any other options modified from default?
    How many days played with zombies OFF before turning zombies ON?
    How many days played with zombies ON before turning zombies OFF and then how many before turning zombies back ON?
    Challenges completed?
    Quests completed?
    Built a base, placed land claim, placed bedroll, or workstations?
    Inventory and/or tool belt full before turning zombies on?
    Wearing X armor?
    Holding X item/tool/weapon?

On one of my playthroughs I started with zombies off. 11 days in wanted to put zombies on as familiar with all new mechanics. When quit to change options and allow enemy spawn that’s when all my inventory stated as over encumbered and cannot use tools or weapons. 
    I have built a base with some workstations and bedroll

I have land claimed

a few quests complete.

A majority of challenge page 1 and 2 completed.

i have mixed armor and a variety of weapons and tools all iron tools or above and a few mid range firearms 

I'm having the same issue with similar experience So, I recently bought the re-release of the game on Xbox Series X. I can't run jump duck or climb? I can't seem to take damage either and the only way to fix this bug as far as I know is to turn off enemies in the world which makes the game no fun. 

Are you experiencing this starting a new game or after turning zombies on from being switched off? Curious if you’ve encountered this bug with fully default settings? 

Guest StandardEdition

Posted

Has anyone found a way to fix this bug I’ve been trying to turn my zombies back on and now when I do I can’t run duck or attack need help asap can someone help

Guest HazzelHearts

Posted

I to need this fixed. We can't do anything when we put zombies back on. It's boring with our them and we've gotten to far to restart. I hope a patch is being worked on asap

Guest Guest xbox series x

Posted

I've had this happen as well. If you played with zombies and then turned them off it seems to break the world unless you keep when you turn them back on. The only way to play anynore is to keep zombies off. 

Guest Liamkentyann Xbox series X

Posted

I’ve had the same thing happen, I turned zombies off just to finish base building, went too do the horde and nothing came, game is completely bugged, I’ve already had 38 hours in the world and it’s broken, don’t really want to start fresh after 3 days of game time, PLEASE FIX! 

Can confirm 2 IG days played with zombies on, turned off to base build till day 7. Turned back on and now, as above, unplayable with the option for spawn ON. Overencumbered all slots, wont jump, cant look down scope 4x, wont run. Cant use any tools, stamina does nothing. Most of challenges page 1 complete, completed maybe 8 missions tier 1

XBOX Series X

Guest Before Friday

Posted

Run game on PC. Turned enemies off then on. Horde won't spawn on the 7th days - didnt spawn on fay 84 or 91.  Not getting red numbers where the day is displayed. 

On 7/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, schwanz9000 said:

I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce this.
    Can you help by answering any or all of the following to help us pin point the issue?

Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies OFF, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies ON, then restart game with issues?

Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?
    Start game with zombies ON, play, quit game, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies OFF, play, quit, turn off console, restart console, turn zombies back ON, then restart game with issues?

Any other options modified from default?
    How many days played with zombies OFF before turning zombies ON?
    How many days played with zombies ON before turning zombies OFF and then how many before turning zombies back ON?
    Challenges completed?
    Quests completed?
    Built a base, placed land claim, placed bedroll, or workstations?
    Inventory and/or tool belt full before turning zombies on?
    Wearing X armor?
    Holding X item/tool/weapon?

I played for about 6 days with zombies on, then turned it off for about half a day, when trying to turn zombies back on, all before comments happen. Game is 100% unplayable. Completed several quests, and challenges. Other options were modified, like Player/AI block damage, player shared xp distance, loot abundance, blood moon changed to day 10, xp boost maxed out, land claim block distance, lose nothing on death.  Land claim was placed, bed roll was placed, i think i was originally holding a hunting knife, forge was build, fireplaces, workbench. Please patch fix this :)

Guest Casperthemost

Posted

10 hours ago, PootSays said:

I played for about 6 days with zombies on, then turned it off for about half a day, when trying to turn zombies back on, all before comments happen. Game is 100% unplayable. Completed several quests, and challenges. Other options were modified, like Player/AI block damage, player shared xp distance, loot abundance, blood moon changed to day 10, xp boost maxed out, land claim block distance, lose nothing on death.  Land claim was placed, bed roll was placed, i think i was originally holding a hunting knife, forge was build, fireplaces, workbench. Please patch fix this :)

Also for the sake of giving you guys a bigger pool to identify the bug from: 

These are almost identical circumstances to me my only difference is I turned my zombie spawning off on day 2 and turned it back on day 11.

Also wanted to add even though zombies spawning is turned back on there are no zombies spawning, however when I leave the game and turn  off spawning to make things go back to normal the zombies that would have spawned in that area are there, but no zombies spawning anywhere else. 

I have tried this multiple times first was in my base for safety (in the POI Bart's salvage) and I did have a bed roll and building block down, I tried it again in the middle of road by no POIs and it was still happening. Also to add it does NOT spawn POI zombies, instead  random zombies that would have spawned in the area (after you have turned spawning back off and log back in to reset the settings) 

Hopefully this helps and thank you guys in advance because I know you guys are already working on the fix for this😊

Playing on PS5, had this happen in my game, and my friends.

Start new game with no zombies. 

Loot the first town. Place storage on top of a building and fill it (12-16 containers 15%-80% full). These were both skull marked locations. First we tried Two Finger (Penny?) Tower in Gravesdale(?), south of Rekt. This was in his game. 

After around an in game week, we tried to turn on zombies. I couldn't join, he couldn't jump or open containers. 

I made a game on the 8k1 map, no zombies. Did like three in-game days of looting. Built on a roof to a one skull gas station. Wanting to take over a butcher shop. 

I turned zombies on, he couldn't join. I could open stuff or climb. There were also no zombies.  Turned off zombies, they still couldn't join. But I could loot and climb. Noticed there were zombies with the spawns turned off. Backed out, walked away for the afternoon. Came back, tried to run it again. Same issues,  but I noticed my inventory was all encumberance slots. 

I am not certain on specifics due to playing on a friends world.   We have adjusted settings for xp gain, blood moon every 30 days instead of 7 and more zombies per person active.  We had play with zombies up until the first blood moon and became swamped with the horde.  We ended up turning zombies off to give ourselves a grace period, to allow us to craft and gather more ammunition and gear.  We have ended up playing for roughly 20 in game days and decided to turn zombies back on.   What occurred was similar to above posts.  The person who's world it was would join and would be encumbered and not be able to run, attack and activate storage/vehicles.  I was also unable to join their session.  

I do not have that much information aside from what I have seen others post.

My apologies and I hope this comment helps a little. 

1 minute ago, Guest Xbox User said:

I am not certain on specifics due to playing on a friends world.   We have adjusted settings for xp gain, blood moon every 30 days instead of 7 and more zombies per person active.  We had play with zombies up until the first blood moon and became swamped with the horde.  We ended up turning zombies off to give ourselves a grace period, to allow us to craft and gather more ammunition and gear.  We have ended up playing for roughly 20 in game days and decided to turn zombies back on.   What occurred was similar to above posts.  The person who's world it was would join and would be encumbered and not be able to run, attack and activate storage/vehicles.  I was also unable to join their session.  

I do not have that much information aside from what I have seen others post.

My apologies and I hope this comment helps a little. 

My apologies same user as primary post.  Prior to this point there were 3 people in the world and we all had our own bases established with our own resources/storage and some vehicles.  Land claim blocks were used in the outlining of the bases.  Each base was within reasonable proximity to one another.  Various quests for traders and challenges were completed as well from each player.

Hope these posts are found to be helpful in some way.

Guest Josetheredeemer

Posted

Having same  issue on PS5. 
    started game as normal with spawns ON. Played for 20 days. 
    Loaded up and turned Spawns OFF. Played 20-22 days.

Loaded back up with Spawns ON for day 22. Game breaks. Over. Encumbered every slot. No health, stamina or sustenance deterioration. Weapon switching stuck after one hit. Cannot eat or drink and dropping items makes them disappear from game.
    AFTER loading back up with Spawns OFF, game returns to normal and works again. 

please fix this. 

Same issue as others on series x, if you can't reproduce the bug quit running it on pc & do the test on console, this is an old bug that was in earlier versions as well; putting out a new version & charging $ for it with bugs from previous versions is just plain BS FIX THIS @%$#

Same bug. Started with zombies on. Dayish 10 turned off. Kept off till I tried on day 166. Same bug as all you. Tried restarts. Tried waiting till my character dies and restart. He is somehow alive with 0 health and I got the achievement for dying 15 times. It’s like we’re in a admin or ghost mode. We are on day 240ish. Lots built and looted. We need a solution from devs now. 

1 minute ago, Guest Sirpluto said:

Same bug. Started with zombies on. Dayish 10 turned off. Kept off till I tried on day 166. Same bug as all you. Tried restarts. Tried waiting till my character dies and restart. He is somehow alive with 0 health and I got the achievement for dying 15 times. It’s like we’re in a admin or ghost mode. We are on day 240ish. Lots built and looted. We need a solution from devs now. 

It’s like we haven’t spawned yet but can see and move.

So just got the 1680mins in a single game achievement. Logged out to go eat. Logged back in BUG BUG BUG as above.

2nd world now but this one has some serious time into it.

Todays difference... I swapped zombies off to recon some of the harder areas go look around, no building, minimum looting cars mostly. The only weird thing was random few zombies were in the world, I have killed one that was near a trader and a miltary one that cornered me. The only points spent were 2 perception points and level 5 lucky looter.

I also killed and skinned a Buck.

0 crafted items.

Rode my minibike around (did not have this in other worlds that broke.

Visited desert and wasteland biomes.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.